Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Re: Ex Pat what could happen on EU exit

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The effects of this are unknown, it will all depend on how effective our negotiating team are when we leave.
Presumably, our 'negotiating team' will consist of Spineless Dave and his jelly monsters.

I think that's worrying too.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The point I was trying to make is that British ex-pats, in the main, emigrate to Spain (and elsewhere) with the wherewithall to support themselves.

Foreigners who immigrate to the UK, in the main, arrive with the intention of obtaining all the hand-outs they can get.

I can't see our glorious government kicking them out after Brexit. Why should Spain kick out British ex-pats?
And there lies the big difference JBR. We donīt get hand outs, we donīt get free everything, we pay our own way. As for the health service, I keep seeing that EU immigrants are "overloading" it, but itīs no different here. British pensioners do more than their fair share of "overloading" the Spanish health system, as for A & E, you should see the hospitals during the summer season, heatstroke, drunks, accidents caused by drink, sunburnt children, sunburnt adults, sea rescues which then require hospital treatment, I could go on and on. Are all these medical emergencies not overloading the Spanish healthcare?

I truly canīt believe that people think the immigrant problem will go away if Britain is not in the EU, those determined to get in will get in, and once in thatīs where theyīll stay. It takes years for Britain to throw anyone out and even then, as we all know, last minute events prevent it. How many illegals are there currently? A very large number I believe and the authorities donīt even know where they are. Britain has always seen itself as the saviour of the world, it will save anyone except itīs own people and EU or no EU I very much doubt itīs going to change.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I truly canīt believe that people think the immigrant problem will go away if Britain is not in the EU, those determined to get in will get in, and once in thatīs where theyīll stay. It takes years for Britain to throw anyone out and even then, as we all know, last minute events prevent it. How many illegals are there currently? A very large number I believe and the authorities donīt even know where they are. Britain has always seen itself as the saviour of the world, it will save anyone except itīs own people and EU or no EU I very much doubt itīs going to change.
Yes, I'm afraid you're right.

However, once free of the shackles of the EU we can, at least in theory, make our own decisions.

After Brexit, what we then need is another Maggie or, better still, a certain Mr Farage!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Have no fear. The powers that be will NEVER allow Britain to exit the EU. Just isn't gonna happen. If they can convince enough people to sway the vote to stay in the EU then all the better for them, but if not, they will rig the vote. Either way the entire referendum is just a charade.

You no more have a choice here than you have a choice in how the country is run during a general election.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Have no fear. The powers that be will NEVER allow Britain to exit the EU. Just isn't gonna happen. If they can convince enough people to sway the vote to stay in the EU then all the better for them, but if not, they will rig the vote. Either way the entire referendum is just a charade.

You no more have a choice here than you have a choice in how the country is run during a general election.
No doubt true.

I don't care any more if the country goes to Hell in a handcart!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You lead a better life because of warmer climes?????????
I started the thread so yes, stastically I should live on average 10 years longer in a warmer and chilled out country thread is going off topic
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Shame on a serious discussion you have to state the name of the Daily Mail as the daily FAIL

And you then use the term no sensible debate so far.
Sorry typo :-/
Goldielocks
Spain

04-04-2016, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
And there lies the big difference JBR. We donīt get hand outs, we donīt get free everything, we pay our own way. As for the health service, I keep seeing that EU immigrants are "overloading" it, but itīs no different here. British pensioners do more than their fair share of "overloading" the Spanish health system, as for A & E, you should see the hospitals during the summer season, heatstroke, drunks, accidents caused by drink, sunburnt children, sunburnt adults, sea rescues which then require hospital treatment, I could go on and on. Are all these medical emergencies not overloading the Spanish healthcare?

Hi can I just mention early retirees pay into a system called convenio especial a cross border scheme. If you exit your EHIC will no longer apply and you will get no more free treatment as before. As us ex pats will pay for health care in UK. So essential you have medical cover
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Brits lived in Spain before we were in the EU and will no doubt continue to do so if we came out.
Spain would loose a massive part of its economy that which is driven by the many British expatriates .
Goldielocks
Spain

04-04-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Brits lived in Spain before we were in the EU and will no doubt continue to do so if we came out.
Spain would loose a massive part of its economy that which is driven by the many British expatriates .
I agree Muddy. I have noticed a lot is scare tactics on forums and mis information. It's up to us ex pats to use our votes

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top