Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Re: Problems with A Vax Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.

best to put down dog food where the dirt is, any dog will soon vacuum it up with the dirt
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He's sort of right if you Hoover every day you are supposed to buy a commercial machine that's designed to work long hours and more than twice a week. Can't beat the Henry range for that, or numatics.
We have used a Henry for years now with no problems.

She lived in a bungalow at the time and the vacuuming took half an hour per day. Personally, I don't see that as excessive use.

If it is, then the customer should be warned surely.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Do not think that 30 minutes vacuuming most days is excessive use. When the whole family was at home and (back then) all rooms except kitchen and bathrooms were carpeted, 6-8 children, plus dog and two cats, I had to 'hoover' at least once every day.
Nowadays, I am by myself and only bedrooms have carpet. I purchased a very light weight Bissell cordless some two years back and it is perfect for me. Upright, so easy to use, light - so I can carry it downstairs to vacuum the rug in my sitting room. Battery charges up very quickly and lasts about 45 minutes and holds its charge, so I really only have to put the battery on charge every 3 or 4 weeks.
I recently purchased a Vax carpet cleaner. Still early days, but this does seem to work very well. Again, I looked for the a very light weight version and have probably saved the cost of purchase already against having to have professionals come in to clean my carpets.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Franbern ->
Do not think that 30 minutes vacuuming most days is excessive use.
Neither do I.

We have had Dysons for years now and never been disappointed.

Our present one is cordless - model V6 - and works perfectly. Yes, Dysons are more expensive than some, but we got our V6 for £185 which was on a reduced offer. I'd firmly recommend it. You get what you pay for.

The next model up is the V8, but that is much more expensive and for only one or two minor frills. Not worth the extra as far as I'm concerned.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 03:54 PM

For many years dyson were my first choice too but a while back they stopped being so good, that's when I returned to a Henry with an air tool. Third of the price twice as good as the new dysons.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 05:35 PM

Nothing wrong with Vax's Cordless Vacuum as regards cleaning, it's just the wheels that become wobbly after a short while and it makes them very hard to push.
Doug_J
New Member!
West Sussex
Doug_J is male 

09-04-2018, 06:28 PM

Hi, I've just acquired one of these cleaners with the same wheel problem. I'd be interested in how you fixed it if you have any more details.
Thanks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doug_J ->
Hi, I've just acquired one of these cleaners with the same wheel problem. I'd be interested in how you fixed it if you have any more details.
Thanks
Are you handy with tools Doug....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 04:39 AM

Well seeing this thread just reminded me of the spectacular end of my vax carpet washer. Switched it on and it started making a grinding noise and then smoke started coming out. I think I've used it only a handful of times over the course of a year at most. I only wish I could find the receipt.

Last time I buy a Vax. They don't seem to make these things to last any more.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 06:12 AM

I have recently invested in a 'Shark' - light weight, easy to maneuver, has tools for upholstery and it deals efficiently with cat hair!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top