Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:16 PM

Re: In search of the sun

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I see Sunny Beach has been mentioned.
Only just started to look for holidays, and I think that place will get the most consideration during summer (remember that)! for benefits that have already been mentioned.
At the moment though we are looking for a cheap last minute getaway, and at these prices with Thompsons we will likely book with them.
Wifey want to go to Tenerife or another Canary Island for some winter sun.
And soon.
Watch this space!

Had a very bad experience with Thomsons, which has changed its name to TUI, standing for Totally Unmitigated Incometence!!! to the extent I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ever again!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Had a very bad experience with Thomsons, which has changed its name to TUI, standing for Totally Unmitigated Incometence!!! to the extent I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole ever again!!!
Yep! We used to travel with Thomson all the time but wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Thank-you so much for ALL your replies and wonderful pictures.
OK, I have been on a cruise and will most likely again.
We NEVER use a travel agent, we use netflights.com and https://uk.hotels.com/. This has saved us a LOT of money.
As we are still looking, I will keep this thread updated with any bargains.
The GBP exchange rate must be taken into consideration, I don't want to be counting ever penny on holiday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:11 PM

I am going cross-eyed with searching!
Find a cheap hotel then flights are through the roof.
This looked good
Hotel Centro Bodrum from £324
Price per person, 14 nights
All inclusive!
Still searching.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Ive got several friends who have been to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria and they all say its just wall to wall tat. Our local airport started doing holidays there a few years ago and I was tempted but I did some online investigation and the general opinion was its pretty awful.

I have just booked an All Inclusive holiday to Gran Canaria in June. I like the Canaries and have been to Tenerife several times and Lanzarote just once.

We are a bit restricted as I cant do a flight much longer than 4 hours and hubby will only fly from our local airport which is less than 30 minutes away and very convenient.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Ive got several friends who have been to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria and they all say its just wall to wall tat. Our local airport started doing holidays there a few years ago and I was tempted but I did some online investigation and the general opinion was its pretty awful.

I have just booked an All Inclusive holiday to Gran Canaria in June. I like the Canaries and have been to Tenerife several times and Lanzarote just once.

We are a bit restricted as I cant do a flight much longer than 4 hours and hubby will only fly from our local airport which is less than 30 minutes away and very convenient.
I have been to Tenerife, not the others.
I think we are opting for Turkey in June.
I have a choice of two local airports, and I can understand your hubby choosing the closest airport. You have to be there two hours before flying as it is.
Let me know how the holiday went when you return, please.
I think that would be nice for others to read.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have been to Tenerife, not the others.
I think we are opting for Turkey in June.
I have a choice of two local airports, and I can understand your hubby choosing the closest airport. You have to be there two hours before flying as it is.
Let me know how the holiday went when you return, please.
I think that would be nice for others to read.
Will do Sweetie Pie. I always spend a lot of time researching hotels and if there are more than a few negative reviews I avoid.

Hubby is self employed and always really busy and we have horses which we have to get somebody to look after so its always a mad rush for him sorting everything out before we go. Thats why he will only go from local airport.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If it is just sun I want I can sit in my garden. It's been over 30° since last Friday.

All our beaches are sunny

You're killing me. You know this, right?

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That's because it's German owned now. Touristik Union International .

Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Go by bus...

Thanks for the memories, Bruce... I just noticed that Cliff Richard bears a striking resemblance to Fabian Forte...whom I met many, many years ago...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top