Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 09:52 PM

Robots

I was having a discussion with my young male colleague today about how the world is going and he told me about a robot called Sophia in Saudi Arabia that had been granted citizenship
I hadn't heard about it before and it really shocked me.

Do you see robots as dangerous in our future world? Do you see them as taking over the world.

Robots are basically a computer, computers break down like humans and we all know what happens when humans break down.

I fear Robots of the future will overtake humans, they are already doing that in the work place. What will happen to humans when they take over every aspect of what humans do, where will that leave us? Won't happen in my lifetime but what about the kids of today. Do you fear too what may happen?

https://qz.com/1205017/saudi-arabias...-human-rights/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Re: Robots

There was a programme on telly a while back, where some men were living with these female robots and they were doing everything with them - and I mean everything!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:09 PM

Glad I bought some shares in WD40.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:22 PM

“It’s obviously bullshit,” says Joanna Bryson, an AI and ethics researcher at the University of Bath, speaking to The Verge.
“What is this about? It’s about having a supposed equal you can turn on and off..."

In the workplace of the Drones and Autonomous Systems Lab (DASL) at the University of Las Vegas, Sophia is taking her first ever steps.

Gingerly, she shuffles along watched closely by her creator, Hanson Robotics founder and CEO David Hanson.

The addition of legs to the lifelike bot is another stage in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence for Hanson and his team.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:28 PM

Whatever Rocks your Boat.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:44 PM

Sounds like a load of old Yfronts if you ask me
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:04 AM

Did anyone see the film 'Demon Seed'? A computer was give AI - it raped Julie Christie and made her pregnant!!

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:14 AM

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 07:37 AM

Hi

Sex Dolls and the likes of Sophie are not the real issue or threat.

The military have vast amounts of money and are far more advanced.

A useful link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiieA-j2XPE

Stationary Artificial Intelligence robot systems have already been deployed.

No Human control, they take the decision to fire and kill.

Combine the two and we have a real issue, Star Wars, the attack of the Clones is here.

The UK has just announced a £2 Billion investment in a new Fighter aircraft.

It will be pilotless, some aspects of it will be AI, it can can track threats and respond far quicker than a human.

There will be a degree of human control, it is however a very short step to letting it loose on its own.

The new Russian Armata Tank is an example of this, press the button and AI takes over.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:33 AM

I would be happy to have a robot which did all my housework for me and attend to any person care needs my husband has.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top