Join for free
View Poll Results: should the British national and religious character be enshrined in law
YES 12 52.17%
NO 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:59 PM

Re: national referendum on law to enshrine British way of life

No you don't I know exactly where this is leading up to .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Totally wrong poll question asked imo.

What you should have asked is:

Should the gov't (any gov't) post BrExit formalise the British Constitution by codifying it into one legal document (i.e. Magna Carta, Common Law, Bill Of Rights etc) in order to protect Britain's long standing and hard fought for freedoms and rights?

And the answer would be a resounding YES.

www.britishconstitutiongroup.com
Oi this is MY poll and I asked the question if you don't like it then piddle off and start ya own! busy body
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Would that be so bad? In the 50's and 60's most people had a job and a place to live and the majority wanted to work hard to improve their situation.
These days many people can only find the time to complain, and the reason they do that is because we are losing British values!
that's why you should vote! you are concerned about living conditions and life style now??
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
that's why you should vote! you are concerned about living conditions and life style now??
I would vote on a reduction of immigrants, that could solve a lot of problems!I would even vote for Britain being based solely on Christian laws, but I believe that Britain's laws already cover everything else..... and anybody that breaks them should be punished or returned home to the country they came from!

If we start making the British way of life law though, I believe that people will go too far with it, as they already have with:-
Racism
Sexual equality
Human rights & many other issues.

Britain is British and anybody who doesn't follow our rules should be exiled from this country for good. No point in having a referendum on that though, there are already too many here who would oppose it!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-07-2018, 01:46 PM

being frightened of the opposition is not a healthy state of mind! -feel the fear and do it!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:51 PM

being frightened of the opposition is not a healthy state of mind! -feel the fear and do it!
Where the hell has anybody shown fear of the opposition?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-07-2018, 01:53 PM

you right now!!

No point in having a referendum on that though, there are already too many here who would oppose it!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

16-07-2018, 02:01 PM

you right now!!
Rubbish! there are too many of them, but I was joking about how they would vote as many want to be British!

The only person who mentioned a referendum on British ways of life, was you on your thread..... and I have already said that i wasn't going to vote on it!

Are you a bit bored today so looking for somebody to argue with?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:06 PM

If a govt in Britain [any govt] proposed to introduced legislation to enshrine British national and religious character into law. Would you vote YES or NO?

poll finishes in 7 days!
It's a very profound and complex question you've asked isn't it?
Is there a clear cut answer anymore?

You can't turn back time.
The British national and religious character has been eroded into a mishmash of various cultures and diversity.
Of which, many would say ...is the new adapting and evolving face of British identity.
To enshrine the concept of a 'centuries ago' Britian, intact and undiluted, would presumably have been best asked post WW2?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:07 PM

I might add, contrary to some of the replies ... that I don't necessarily see this thread as trying to stir up trouble.

It is a valid question ... probably just half a century too late.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top