Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:19 PM

Have You Ever Deliberately Avoided Someone?

Here we go again, with one of my ‘specials’!

Can you remember the situation? Was it in a store, a street, or at a social event where you didn’t want to sit next to them?
A family wedding even?

Can you remember the reason why? You didn’t like them, they usually kept talking for too long, they were evil or they just bored you?
Maybe they were an ‘ex’ of yours and you disliked them or found the situation embarrassing?
You didn’t like someone’s strong perfume or aftershave? You owed them money?

I hope you can think of something!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:24 PM

Re: Have You Ever Deliberately Avoided Someone?

My next door neighbours. We fell out & I've avoided them ever since.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:27 PM

Yes, this very week. My BIL admitted a few weeks ago that he had given our address to someone I used to know about 30 years ago and low and behold they turned up, unannounced at 18:30 earlier this week. I didn't answer the door but apparently I'm in the wrong.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:34 PM

I once dodged a bloke l knew, who had been a bit of a nuisance.
I was in a newsagent’s shop and he came in, so l ducked behind a display of greeting cards and slowly slunk out of the shop.

I rushed back to my car that was parked outside a doctor’s surgery. I reversed back and in my panic l hit a post, slightly damaging the back of the car!

Grrrr, l was so annoyed!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:35 PM

Yes!!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:37 PM

Yes I avoid people I don't want to talk to quite frequently. Doesn't everyone? Sometimes you just don't want to deal with the drama some people carry around.

When I was about 5 I nearly got knocked over running across the road whilst avoiding my friend's mum who was coming towards me as I was leaving school. She was pretty upset as it was a busy road and one of the boys in our class died crossing it the same year. At that time I was afraid of her because she was loud and I found her overwhelming. The funny thing is that I really liked her as I grew older. She's still alive and is a really nice lady.

But yes I will still go to great lengths to avoid people I don't want to talk to. Mainly exes I suppose but also extreme extroverts who make me feel socially inadequate whilst feeding off my energy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-10-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes!!!
.....and?

Come on Bratti, cough up!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-10-2018, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->

Tiffany, It can be very awkward when you fall out with neighbours. You have to avoid eye contact and look the other way, or run in the house if you see them coming!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That's hard to deal with. We did fall out with one neighbour but have since made up. It's still has some strained undertones but we have a mutual understanding. She managed to fall out with all three neighbours just after moving in. We both had to work at it.

I hope you find a middle way Tiffany. Life is too short for worrying bout next door too.
PamM
UK
PamM is female 

14-10-2018, 11:45 PM

Yes! A lady who lives nearby. I try to avoid her because she knows everything and everyone and once she starts chatting, it never ends and she speaks so fast, it is difficult to know what she is talking about anyway.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top