Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:44 PM

Re: Storage.

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
That's a nice way to keep things neat Pauline - you can never have enough storage.

I agree,Aerolor,I must have neat and tidy,
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:52 PM

I think storage, or lack of it, is always a problem, no matter how big your house is.

I live in a small 3 bedroom house and every cupboard is full. The loft is full. And.....I have a 3m x 3m conservatory that was built specifically for storage.....and still there's not enough room (And there's only me and the dog)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think storage, or lack of it, is always a problem, no matter how big your house is.

I live in a small 3 bedroom house and every cupboard is full. The loft is full. And.....I have a 3m x 3m conservatory that was built specifically for storage.....and still there's not enough room (And there's only me and the dog)
That made me LOL,Nicol,..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 03:01 PM

With my sister being a hoarder, I always have a horror of stuff taking over. So if we can get things put away I'm happy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 04:08 PM

Nice idea but why can't you sit on it?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-12-2018, 05:23 PM

It's very sturdy,but it's not a proper ottoman,it was only £22,..I read quite a few reviews,before I bought it,they were good,but one did say her seat broke,as she sat on it all the time,but it did state on the leaflet,not to sit on it,she also said her son abused it,as it was used to store his toys.edit to add,quite a few said they had,had theirs over a year.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It's very sturdy,but it's not a proper ottoman,it was only £22,..I read quite a few reviews,before I bought it,they were good,but one did say her seat broke,as she sat on it all the time,but it did state on the leaflet,not to sit on it,she also said her son abused it,as it was used to store his toys.
If the design allows, how about getting somebody to nail a piece of thicker plywood between the box and the lid. You may have to extend the hinges at the back but at least it could be used as a seat as well?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-12-2018, 05:32 PM

Thanks Floydy,I would never have thought of that,I will get Martin,my d I y man,to look at it,he has done quite a few jobs for me.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:58 PM

I have the same problem. I live a very small one bedroom bungalow, no storage space, not even an airing cupboard. I have decided that everything I bought has to have a place to store it which worked well until the new artificial Christmas tree arrived. I think I will need to buy or build a box that can fit on top of the wardrobe to store it in.
I dont like to just dump things around the house.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi everyone,I live in a small one bedroom house,..not enough storage,so I went to Wilko today,bought this,it's sturdy,holds a lot,just don't sit on it,that was on the leaflet that came with it,...£22...I love it so much,that I'm going to buy a smaller one for the sitting room,it looks like a cushioned footstool,plus I can store stuff in it,I just have to remember,not to sit on it,
Understand. We lived in a one bedroom flat for a while.

The bulk of our belongings went into storage,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top