Join for free
Page 28 of 28 « First < 18 26 27 28
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I agree that there are spurious claims both sides of the fence but if those are discarded the overwhelming evidence from economists, industry, our own government reports is that all of the various leave scenarios will leave the UK worse of and that leaving without a deal has the potential t be catastrophic which will suit some leavers admirably as they will see the fruition of their investment in Brexit

You obviously have not been able to identify any EU policies that have adversely affected the Well being of the Uk and don’t disagree with me that the membership of the EU has Been a Positive benefit to the UK and that there has been in our prosperity since the referendum which is likely to continue post departure.

So it seems your concern is that you have less representation on a ratio of 1/751 (0 is incorrect, the UK has 73 MEP’s) than the 1/650 you have in the UK. OK, so be it but I’d be more concerned that a significant number of those 73 elected UK MEP’s had a vested interest in the EU failing therefore did not fight the UK’s corner. Farage and many others hardly bothered to turn up
Thank you for your polite and well thought out response. Food for thought and a need for further research by me, so I'll not bother replying at this point since it'd involve glib generalisations and you deserve better than that.

Page 28 of 28 « First < 18 26 27 28

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top