Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:00 PM

Re: The Worst Prime Ministers This Country Has Had.

Most if not all Labour appointees
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:56 PM

I have always used the mnemonic, BBC.

Blair, Brown and Cameron, in that order.

However, I now feel that May should be elevated to second position:

1. Blair - a smug war criminal who labours under the misconception that he is still popular.
2. May - incompetent as both Home Secretary and Prime Minister and has done the country irreparable harm.
3. Brown - also incompetent and effectively gave away the country's gold.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 09:20 PM

Cameron abused his power, taking huge gambles to boost his popularity and political self betterment.

First, the Scottish independence referendum ... thankfully that went well, we are still a union.

Then the eu brexit referendum ... it backfired for him, ending in tears for us all. There's nothing wrong with the concept of a brexit, there's nothing wrong with a PM giving us a vote on it, but it should be done by the right PM for the right reasons at the right time.

So Cameron wins.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:28 PM

May is the worst in my lifetime, by a long way - dishonest, secretive, out of her depth . Then comes Cameron who seemed to think being an Old Etonian was all that was necessary for his position in life regardless of his lack of ability. His handling of the referendum bordered on treason. The third member of the triumvirate of evil has to be Thatcher, who wreaked havoc and basically destroyed the country. Her general policy of only governing the ability to make profits for a few while letting the rest suffer was also treasonous.
If it hadn't been for Iraq, Blair would be rated one of our greatest prime Ministers.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 03:08 PM

It depends what you mean by worst - most damaging, most incompetent, most stupid, least effective?????

My definition is most damaging to the country and its people. By that definition, Thatcher and her apprentice Blair are by far the worst. Thatcher elevated greed, self-serving immorality and selfishness to unforseen levels and the despicable Blair carried on her work.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
May is the worst in my lifetime, by a long way - dishonest, secretive, out of her depth . Then comes Cameron who seemed to think being an Old Etonian was all that was necessary for his position in life regardless of his lack of ability. His handling of the referendum bordered on treason. The third member of the triumvirate of evil has to be Thatcher, who wreaked havoc and basically destroyed the country. Her general policy of only governing the ability to make profits for a few while letting the rest suffer was also treasonous.
If it hadn't been for Iraq, Blair would be rated one of our greatest prime Ministers.
I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking or a drag on whatever you are smoking, good post but only because it made me snort with laughter.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking or a drag on whatever you are smoking, good post but only because it made me snort with laughter.
Me too.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

12-01-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too.
Such a pity really, the poster seemed quite normal, but delusions do affect our age group more and more
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Such a pity really, the poster seemed quite normal, but delusions do affect our age group more and more
normal ... On this site?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
normal ... On this site?
A fair point.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top