Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Re: March Of The Losers!

I keep reading about how we're not going to prosper, outside the EU, and even more false/negative news aimed at proving how superior the poster is, at knowing these things, compared with the man in the street.

As far as I'm concerned the whole scene has come down to two distinct likelihoods:-

1) We, the leavers, are so brassed off with the antics of the Remainers, especially those in Power, that we are very likely to abstain, from voting Tory, at any forthcoming election, or even will vote against.
They voted "Out", were told that we would be "Out" and have been betrayed.

If you don't think that will happen, ask around.

If you think that'll be catastrophic you have to ask yourselves whether it would be best to carry on with this lot or give them them the big kick in the backside to improve their thinking.

2) You can say all you like, about the future of the UK economy, but try to imagine what is likely when the the Lefties take over our interface with the EU after we end up staying in. This is not a middle ground Labour Party here, this is a Left Wing Party which has terrorists over for tea - and has "what's her name" as a central brains base.
You have to hand it to Corbyn for remaining silent during these ridiculous events, so far.
When they're in - what about our balance of trade then?

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I keep reading about how we're not going to prosper, outside the EU, and even more false/negative news aimed at proving how superior the poster is, at knowing these things, compared with the man in the street.

As far as I'm concerned the whole scene has come down to two distinct likelihoods:-

1) We, the leavers, are so brassed off with the antics of the Remainers, especially those in Power, that we are very likely to abstain, from voting Tory, at any forthcoming election, or even will vote against.

If you think that'll be catastrophic you have to ask yourselves whether it would be best to carry on with this lot or give them them the big kick in the backside to improve their thinking.

2) You can say all you like, about the future of the UK economy, but try to imagine what is likely when the the Lefties take over our interface with the EU after we end up staying in. This is not a middle ground Labour Party here, this is a Left Wing Party which has terrorists over for tea - and has "what's her name" as a central brains base.
You have to hand it to Corbyn for remaining silent during these ridiculous events, so far.

Good post Tedc, If Brexit is stopped and Labour get in, I will enjoy watching all those treacherous elites cry buckets as their cushy lifestyle is wrenched away from them. No-one will deserve it more!! It won't worry me at all as I would no longer be voting ever again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Well according to Corbyn.

"The EU is well known to be flexible"

It's a good job I wasn't having a cuppa when I read that, the PC keyboard and monitor would have been sprayed with black coffee. Where has this idiot been for the last few years? The EU don't give ground on anything, if they did and perhaps chucked the even more delusional Cameron a bone or even a few scraps we wouldn't be where we are now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Well according to Corbyn.

"The EU is well known to be flexible"

It's a good job I wasn't having a cuppa when I read that, the PC keyboard and monitor would have been sprayed with black coffee. Where has this idiot been for the last few years? The EU don't give ground on anything, if they did and perhaps chucked the even more delusional Cameron a bone or even a few scraps we wouldn't be where we are now.
I took that as sarcasm when he said it, he's a well known EU hater so why he won't say so I don't know. Well I do but he still should come out and say it.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Er, by not being involved with any of the situations indicated by Shropshiregirl?
You will be severely disappointed then. The fishermen might do better but that’s not enough to save the country.

Let’s hope somebody does have a plan otherwise it could be austerity ++++
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 05:53 PM

Hi

Our Politicians have not done well so far.

I simply do not trust them to do well after we have left.

Our prosperity after we leave depends to a large extent on how well we have prepared and how soon we can do the Trade Deals.

If they mess it up the Foreign owned firms will leave.

The Banks etc have already set up offices in the EU to continue trading there.

That is a significant loss in our tax take.

Even JRM's company has set up an office in Dublin.

Our Politicians will not be affected, keep their salaries, expenses and Pensions.

They will no doubt blame others for any problems.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
You will be severely disappointed then. The fishermen might do better but that’s not enough to save the country.

Let’s hope somebody does have a plan otherwise it could be austerity ++++
It's a big thing for the fishing industry and the surrounding businesses, but a smaller thing in the full scheme of things. No one thing will heal this country it will be many smaller things do it. See it as a start, something that we lost and are getting back, that will add with millions of other things to make the country well again.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's a big thing for the fishing industry and the surrounding businesses, but a smaller thing in the full scheme of things. No one thing will heal this country it will be many smaller things do it. See it as a start, something that we lost and are getting back, that will add with millions of other things to make the country well again.
The fishing industry may reap some benefits but they export 75% of the fish they catch and we import 70% of the fish we eat, a bizarre situation by one that relies on seamless trading.

If fishing is the start, the rest seems to be based on a wing and a prayer. Millions of things but not even a hint of any details. To ridk the future of this country on an “it’ll be alright on the night” mentality is foolhardy.

Should your optimism prove to be misplaced and we do spiral into a recession it will be the less well off who will suffer the most and the politicians will still draw there wages and pensions.

Just as an aside and off topic bun now I’ve mentioned pensions

Public sector pensions cost us £38 billion per year and rising. The total debt is some £1.2 Trillion or about £50k for every person in this country. Their ensign are in excess of three times that a private sector would get for the same personal contributions and there are those who cannot afford a pension yet through taxation are paying towards the pensions of others.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I took that as sarcasm when he said it, he's a well known EU hater so why he won't say so I don't know. Well I do but he still should come out and say it.
I take it that he will attempt to get new terms if by some miracle he actually gets into power and be hailed a hero for doing so.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top