Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Should we have another referendum

What everyone forgets , didn’t realise , or simply sees at as the elephant in the room is ( lady Dianna once said there were 3 in this marriage ) ...we have the uk we have the other EU nations ... we chose to leave but are more than happy to continue buying Porsche’s , will even buy those silly little french Renault shopping trolley things after we leave but there is a 3rd person ... an unelected person a person who cares not about its finance as it simply robs from 28 nations with not a care in the world for their workforce or citizens ... the EU !!! And these jokers are fighting for survival as to see the uk flourish , to still trade and buy Mercedes to still sell finance to Europe ? So that’s the real fight ... unelected ministers who actually have more power than elected prime ministers .... so the uk will be punished and seen to be shot at dawn to show others escape is futile
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Haven't we wasted enough time and money on trying to achieve the result of the last referendum?

They asked the people to vote, but have taken over 2 years to act on it..... and still achieved nothing

When Cameron agreed to a referendum, the government should have already been talking about what agreements were most important, for the country not the MPs !
Is it any wonder that we are getting nowhere, because our politicians have no idea what the people want for Britain?
Does anybody think it is a good idea to waste another £129million on a vote that will achieve nothing, because our selfish politicians are unable to agree on a satisfactory deal?

In short.... No we shouldn't have another one, because our politicians have already displayed that they have no ability to carry it out.... if they get another Leave vote!
I do agree twink, I just can't see how we can get the MPs moving without a further prod in the right direction. I don't have any faith left in them doing what we voted for without something else happening.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:02 PM

No...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Another referendum would be total madness and would achieve nothing except more discontent whatever decision won the day .

We would be introducing yet more months of delay and indecision which is not good for the country. There would be endless arguments about should go on the ballot paper.

There has been too much delay already, we should have been out 2 years ago had we done so we would be over the teething troubles by now .
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:10 PM

Even the self servers have realised one thing ... governments right around the world learnt a valuable lesson two years ... NEVER EVER ASK THE GREAT UNWASHED A QUESTION UNLESS YOU ARE CERTAIN WHAT THE ANSWER WILL BE !!!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

13-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Remainer MPs plot Brexit 'coup' to take control of Commons business
https://mol.im/a/6586201

Theresa May is facing an all-out bid by Remainer rebels to stop Brexit going ahead by tearing up the Commons rulebook.
The 'coup' could see the government stripped of control over business in Parliament - paralysing the PM and potentially allowing MPs to prevent the UK crashing out without a deal.
The move could be launched within hours of Mrs May's Brexit plan being heavily defeated on Tuesday, as seems inevitable.
The manoeuvring was only uncovered by Chief Whip Julian Smith when he overheard conspirators in the MPs' cloakroom. Ministers have been warned success for the plotters could make it impossible for the government to cling on.
There are claims Speaker John Bercow is ready to help the backbench uprising, after he secretly met Tory rebel ringleader Dominic Grieve last week.
The high-stakes battle emerged as Mrs May launched another desperate effort to salvage the package she has thrashed out with Brussels.

Whilst all this goes on I wonder when chief remainer miss may will accept she has in reality simply wasted 2 years putting together a deal so pathetic neither remoaner or leaver is willing to sign !!!
Now considering she and indeed the other lying cheating rats at Westminster are supposed to be the sharpest pencils in the box this leaves me very little hope for future sailings on HMS BRITAIN
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Hi

Another referendum would be good, but not on Brexit.

A Referendum to dump all the MPs and start again with real people, not career politicians.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

13-01-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A Referendum to dump all the MPs and start again with real people, not career politicians.
I’ve been saying for decades that MP’s and indeed teachers should not be allowed into ‘those occupations’ until they’ve held a job in the real world for 20 years first but alas mummy and daddy want their gender fluid little darlings in parliament as young as possible
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:29 PM

Should we have another referendum?

Hell no! We've not sorted the first one out yet.

I didn't have all this trouble when I left the running club...

I just didn't pay my subs any more...End of!...

And that's what I voted for in the referendum, I didn't realise there was some 'Smallprint'.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You get my vote swim completely agree.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top