Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 06:24 PM

Have you ever loved and lost ?

I have thank goodness !
Can remember being infatuated with some awful bloke -who fortunately moved overseas
Looking back I think phew that was a lucky escape !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Re: Have you ever loved and lost ?

I fell in love for the first time when I was 14 and when I was 15 he cheated on me then dumped me for another girl. I was devastated but I now realise I had a lucky escape and fate put me on the path to meet the real love of my life at 16, married him at 17 and 41 years later we are still very happy together.

That guy looked me up about 10 years later and told me he was sorry and he wishes he was still with me, I told him "tough, now do one Gary" He hurt me badly and I've never forgotten him as I truly cared for him and as young as I was I did love him, I don't suppose you ever forget your first love x
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Not lost but had my heart broken by a heart throb young man when I was a young lady.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Should be careful Muddy what you write in future he may be a member of this world renowned forum.

You know I worked overseas for a while back in the day,yes I remember it well I worked on the Isle of Wight ferry.

Just kidding girl I used to get seasick on the boats in Albert Park as a kid.

But its Sunday and its boring so I thought I would fetch a smile to your cheeks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Oh thank you Longfellow

I am not giving too much away just in case
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:04 PM

No, never as l am too much of a realist to think that love can always last forever! I would never waste tears on a man!
I see the end of a relationship as one door closing and another one opening.
Hard words, l know but life is all about survival and enjoyment, not mourning over what might have been.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Looking back I think phew that was a lucky escape !
As indeed, does he

Yep, I've loved and lost. She was engaged to another fella who was in London training to be a solicitor. A long and convoluted story, but she ended up becoming impregnated by a flat footed Brummie. Needless to say that she never admitted to her fiance that he wasn't the father of the child.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:17 PM

My guy wasn’t unkind at all. He was very considerate and respectful when he broke my heart. I think it may have been easier if he were a total jerk.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:22 PM

Oh yes, Muddy, been there - done that.

He was a rather gorgeous Canadian chap, serving in the RAF and stationed near my home town. His dad had been killed in the war and his mum married again - his stepfather was a vicar at Worcester cathedral. He was a lovely gentle person and we actually became engaged - but - I was only 19 and the closer we came to the wedding arrangements the more I panicked about being a 'service wife' - I broke the engagement. Silly person!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:23 PM

Some of the stories related here were from when you were very young, kids in fact. How did you know it was ‘proper’ love and not just infatuation?
I didn’t know ‘proper’ true love, until l had my first baby.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top