Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-46862566

A gender-neutral "changing village" has been created as part of a £10m refurbishment at Bath Sports and Leisure Centre.

GLL, which runs the centre on behalf of the city council, said no-one had reported any inappropriate behaviour.

Leisure centre user Vicky Drew, who has a daughter, 10, said: "Men should be made more aware that this is not on. For some women this is extremely uncomfortable. It's a safety issue. Women are far more likely to be sexually assaulted in unisex facilities. Not everybody with their toddler would like to be confronted by men with everything out."

She added that women were not "parading around naked" and that they "should not have to run the gauntlet of naked men" to reach the single-sex facilities that are accessed via the communal changing rooms.

Another parent, who did not wish to be named, said: "I don't understand what these men think they're doing. I don't believe any normal person would think it is acceptable to shower and walk around a family changing room naked. There are children in there."

In a statement, GLL said the new changing facility was a "gender-neutral area commonly used in leisure centres across the country. The safety and welfare of our customers and staff is of paramount importance and any reports of unacceptable behaviour are taken extremely seriously. Centre staff have not received any reports of any such behaviour".

A Bath and North East Somerset Council spokesman said there was "no evidence" for the claims.
I don't understand why "gender-neutral" changing areas (and, elsewhere, toilets) are being introduced, when common-sense suggests that "pervs" will be delighted with the opportunities provided for exhibitionism and titillation .....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 07:34 PM

Re: Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath

I wouldn't like it either.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-46862566

I don't understand why "gender-neutral" changing areas (and, elsewhere, toilets) are being introduced, when common-sense suggests that "pervs" will be delighted with the opportunities provided for exhibitionism and titillation .....
Totally agree.
It's a load of old PC nonsense.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I don't understand why "gender-neutral" changing areas (and, elsewhere, toilets) are being introduced, :
Gender isn't neutral. It's stupid and ridiculous to pretend otherwise.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:31 PM

The local council Leisure Centre I go to has a unisex changing and shower area for the swimming pool.
The first time I used it, I was rather apprehensive about sharing facilities with men but I soon realised that each shower room, changing room and loo was an individual cubicle, with a lockable door.
There are some larger "family changing rooms" which a parent can use with their kids and supervise their children the whole time.

I've been going there two or three times a week for a few years now but I've never seen a chap walking around with his bits out - I've never even seen a fella undressed and wearing just a towel ... though I live in hope!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:36 PM

I don't think anyone should be naked in public, I think some are just exhibitionists.
Surely there are cubicles?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Gender isn't neutral. It's stupid and ridiculous to pretend otherwise.
It's not the "gender" that being described as "neutral", it's the object of the adjective "gender-neutral", i.e. changing-rooms, being described as "suitable for, applicable to, or common to both male and female genders".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:38 PM

It's obvious that if you create unisex changing rooms, there will be naked people in there. isn't that what changing rooms are for. The blame lies with those who approved it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:03 PM

I'd better pop over to Bath to see for myself...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't think anyone should be naked in public, I think some are just exhibitionists.
Surely there are cubicles?
I agree.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top