Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Don't like the man much, think he's got cold cold eyes and the look of a dead fish.
Don't like many of his views, don't like his voice (sounds a tad supercilious to me) etc etc
BUT I took a few minutes to actually LISTEN to what he's saying here, and I liked what I heard...

Suppose there was a leadership contest and he won, would he make a decent fist of Brexit d'you think?

https://youtu.be/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:33 PM

Re: Jacob Rees-Mogg

He’s a funny looking thing and really belongs to the 1930/40’s era but l quite love him and he talks a lot of sense!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
He’s a funny looking thing and really belongs to the 1930/40’s but l quite love him and he talks a lot of sense!
Aawww bless you for that Arty!
I thought I'd be shot down in flames right away!

I was the one always saying how can you admire a man with eyes, hair, face, views like that???!!!

But in the end it's not about looks, I mean look at Churchill!!!

And I hate his old fashioned ways...but it's what's in his head, his brain...I put my faith in May and she's delivered a half--cock in/out out/in Brexit that everyone hates.

This man is OPTIMISTIC and I do love that!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Aawww bless you for that Arty!
I thought I'd be shot down in flames right away!

I was the one always saying how can you admire a man with eyes, hair, face, views like that???!!!

But in the end it's not about looks, I mean look at Churchill!!!

And I hate his old fashioned ways...but it's what's in his head, his brain...I put my faith in May and she's delivered a half--cock in/out out/in Brexit that everyone hates.

This man is OPTIMISTIC and I do love that!
ruthio, ‘OPTIMISTIC’ is the operative word and at the moment we need plenty of that!
I agree totally on everything you say about him.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:51 PM

This is what you get when you stop listening to career politicians.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:53 PM

He might be ok on Brexit but, I fear he'd put women back to before sufferage.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 04:59 PM

I do like some of what he says especially about brexit but he has other views I would not like to see come to the fore. However he seems to be a pragmatist about his more religious views and doesn't seem to be wanting to make everyone keep to his religious rules.

I hesitate to say he should be PM because I am not tory in the slightest and it's for them to chose their leader not for me to do it for them. Wish some right wingers would respect that fact when talking about labour
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do like some of what he says especially about brexit but he has other views I would not like to see come to the fore. However he seems to be a pragmatist about his more religious views and doesn't seem to be wanting to make everyone keep to his religious rules.

I hesitate to say he should be PM because I am not tory in the slightest and it's for them to chose their leader not for me to do it for them. Wish some right wingers would respect that fact when talking about labour
I have a meeting later tonight with our promoters for the band. They are "raging lefty remainers" (as is one of our singers and our keyboard player) and some of the band are "raging right wing gammons".

Funny how the arts unites everyone.

I would make it compulsory for every kid in the country to learn an arts subject. I do not know any kids who are into the arts, play instruments, acting etc that are delinquent. However, I know some of our music students that write great protest songs and kids that create amazing pictures and art work.

sorry for the off-topic.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:35 PM

I don't like the looks or sounds of JRM..He's creepy/sinister..He's also a Tory...nuff said
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't like the looks or sounds of JRM..He's creepy/sinister..He's also a Tory...nuff said
just remember what the caring left said to his children in front of their nanny about him.

Creepy ? Sinister ? I think you got the wrong guy

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top