Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Re: Do You Think Posting On A Forum, Is Good For Your Brain?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It frequently makes me laugh - and that is supposed to be good for you!

On the whole I would agree that a forum such as this one is good. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in here, and I have learned a lot since I joined.

The people in here are friendly - most of the time - and I have been given, and seen others given, fantastic support and advice in troubled times - which is excellent.
Way to go Silver, that is a good description. I think this is the nicest forum I have ever been on. I have learned a lot here. I have had the nicest teachers also, they KNOW me, and they sometimes have to take me by the hand and walk with me for 1/2 hr or so, until they see I am on the right track again. I love the members of over50s. (I'm kidding...hahaha
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Its Ok with my Brain, not sure about everyone else though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It frequently makes me laugh - and that is supposed to be good for you!

On the whole I would agree that a forum such as this one is good. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in here, and I have learned a lot since I joined.

The people in here are friendly - most of the time - and I have been given, and seen others given, fantastic support and advice in troubled times - which is excellent.

I agree with all that Tabs has said here.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:41 PM

Morning Art, I love posting and reading everyone else’s posts on OFF.

It certainly keeps my brain active as a lot of posts involves memories from the past.
Besides, all the typing I do stops me from ever getting Arthritis !!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's certainly improved my spelling and punctuation Arty, but it depends how you use the forum. Some people just like to read the posts and don't post themselves, others like to post information from research they are interested in, just a 'Good Morning' or 'Goodnight' from some posters.

I've found that it prompts you to search out information perhaps while on holiday or walking in an interesting landscape, so you can start a topic describing your adventures, I suspect more people read them than reply to them though. I don't mind, I just love writing them.....

And finally, I live in hopes that someday I might just be able to put faces to Avatars who I have conversed with over the years. The members on here are just the modern version of 'Pen Pal's'....
Interesting OGF. I have never thought of it like that but it's true.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:52 PM

I've posted on Social Sites for 12/14 yrs,this is the only one now...and Yes,I think it's good for the brain..but when I find Myself cursing under My breath and wishing to strangle someone...that's when I say to Myself.."May,unplug the laptop and get the hell off" ..time to get out in the Neighbourhood and have some pleasant chinwags face to face..then when I return..I'm My usual charming/witty/intelligent Self again..ok ok..cut the guffawing You lot
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've posted on Social Sites for 12/14 yrs,this is the only one now...and Yes,I think it's good for the brain..but when I find Myself cursing under My breath and wishing to strangle someone...that's when I say to Myself.."May,unplug the laptop and get the hell off" ..time to get out in the Neighbourhood and have some pleasant chinwags face to face..then when I return..I'm My usual charming/witty/intelligent Self again..ok ok..cut the guffawing You lot
Yep. I agree.

Plus the fact that this is the only forum I've not been banned from
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Yep. I agree.

WHAT????
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Yep. I agree.

So far ..so good...but You'd have to commit a serious cyber crime to be banned from this one.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
So far ..so good...but You'd have to commit a serious cyber crime to be banned from this one.
The funniest one I ever got the boot from was BBC's Strictly Come Dancing forum, in which I suggested that Alesha Dixon might not be a very good judge.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top