Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:42 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Easier said than done. I can't just walk in and get an appointment. The earliest is 4th Feb, which I've booked. Then there is the referral to ENT which takes months. I am still on that list from last June.
I'm going to get some Otex drops which will hopefully clear it up temporarily. I'm going to have to miss the concerts tonight and tomorrow otherwise. Not happy.

Floydy, could you see a nurse sooner maybe?

Sorry folks, Good Morning to you all on this bright, crisp morning.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:57 AM

Nurses can't do the suction op.

Mind you... last year I went to Leightons for an eye test and they did the ear suction procedure too.

I'd be inclined to go private, it's disgraceful your gp hasn't fast tracked you for this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:03 AM

Hi

My new GP Surgery.

You can only make an appointment by ringing in at 10.30 am.

They are at a fortnight in advance.

I have been doing that for 3 days and not managed to get through.

Welcome to the NHS.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Nurses can't do the suction op.

Mind you... last year I went to Leightons for an eye test and they did the ear suction procedure too.

I'd be inclined to go private, it's disgraceful your gp hasn't fast tracked you for this.

I agree, especially as it seems due to their treatment procedure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-01-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My new GP Surgery.

You can only make an appointment by ringing in at 10.30 am.

They are at a fortnight in advance.

I have been doing that for 3 days and not managed to get through.

Welcome to the NHS.

We have to ring at 8 a.m.

One day last week I rang 42 times before I got through!!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We have to ring at 8 a.m.

One day last week I rang 42 times before I got through!!!
Don't they do the ring back thingy, you press 5 on your phone...

Do you have a local Walk-In centre?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Good morning all. Been at the school looking at their new rooms, they have turned half the gym into new class rooms and taken half the dining room and turned it into a keep fit centre, looks really good. The keep fit centre is open 8am - 7pm so kids can use the equipment when ever they get time, new members of staff running the place and they will mark the children's cards each time they use the place and once the cards are filled there is a prize.

Seems like a really good way to get them into fitness to me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Don't they do the ring back thingy, you press 5 on your phone...

Do you have a local Walk-In centre?

I know what you mean about the ring back thingy, but it doesn't work on the GP's line, nor the hospitals - not round here anyway.

The nearest walk in centre I know of is about 40 mins away I believe.

I haven't been too well the last couple of weeks, and in desperation I rung 111 in the end.
They got me an out of hours appointment with a Doc at a small hospital in the next town (about 10 mins away).
They did this twice for me recently.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

18-01-2019, 11:20 AM

I'd be willing to drive 40 minutes to see someone the same day if I were desperate!
I've used 111 before now and found it excellent.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 01:33 PM

Sorry to impose on this Good Morning thread...
I can't see anyone else yet. The nurse syringed my ears yesterday. A walk-in appointment wouldn't make any difference because I still need a referral to the hospital by a doctor and I can't get an appointment yet. That's the issue. I'm stuck with this now. I have no idea how I'll manage at work or even be able to drive.
I have the Otex in now which is my last chance. If they don't clear this afternoon I can't go to the two concerts tonight and tomorrow. I can't hear a thing.
Very, very depressed.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top