Join for free
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:03 PM

Courier companies

There is a very wide range of competence when it comes to delivery companies, but today I have experienced one that is probably the best.

I ordered some toner cartridges from HP on Wednesday, and on the same day was informed by e-mail that they would be delivered on Thursday (yesterday). As we would have been out, and they need signing for, I looked for an alternative option.

The company involved, DPD, provided several options, including the usual 'leave with neighbour', etc., but the one I chose was to ask for delivery on Friday (today).

This was immediately arranged and confirmed and soon afterwards was told that I would be given a one hour delivery slot today. First thing this morning, I received notification (along the the attached map) that the delivery would take place between 0958 and 1058 and, sure enough, it arrived at about 1020.

How different from the cowboy companies like Yodel.

What I'd really like to see is every online seller company indicating which courier company they use and they, in turn, providing a list of customer reviews on their performance.

We could then make an informed choice as to whether or not to look for an alternative seller.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	8466  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Re: Courier companies

There is a huge difference between the companies absolutely, we have cupboards on the ground floor that have our door numbers on, we have all had to put up notices that the flats are upstairs no point knocking the cupboard door or leaving packages by them. That was several companies.

One we like and not sure who they are is the amazon people, never the same person twice and running on the spot to get away quickly. Never speak English so not unnecessary chat just drop the package into your hands and go !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:34 PM

'Fast Forward' was the best courier company of them all JB...

Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 12:43 PM

I must admit, I do like DPD too.
The window they give you is great, as is the tracking facility.

Beware though, that they can be 15 minutes early, so don't go to the loo just then!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is a huge difference between the companies absolutely, we have cupboards on the ground floor that have our door numbers on, we have all had to put up notices that the flats are upstairs no point knocking the cupboard door or leaving packages by them. That was several companies.

One we like and not sure who they are is the amazon people, never the same person twice and running on the spot to get away quickly. Never speak English so not unnecessary chat just drop the package into your hands and go !
Yes, I have found Amazon's own couriers to be reliable too.

I'm not too bothered about them stopping for a chat, though!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I have found Amazon's own couriers to be reliable too.

I'm not too bothered about them stopping for a chat, though!
LOL I am spoiled by the lovely tescos men and women, always stop for a chat even a cuppa sometimes.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Hi

I think a lot depends on the local depot.

Amazon are not very good here, but Yodel are.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:30 PM

Fast Forward was me JB.........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think a lot depends on the local depot.

Amazon are not very good here, but Yodel are.

Now Yodel is one company I (and others I know) have never been happy with.

They are a nightmare. Even throwing packages over a 6ft gate when I have been out!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now Yodel is one company I (and others I know) have never been happy with.

They are a nightmare. Even throwing packages over a 6ft gate when I have been out!
They put them in the bins here with predictable results.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top