Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:34 PM

Re: Windsor Davies.

RIP Windsor Davies. A good actor in "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" and that other sitcom with Donald Sinden which I forget the name of.
The former programme would have earned him a lot of money from repeats if it hadn't have been banned from Nanny State TV schedules.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:48 PM

One of those faces and voices we all grew up with.

R.I.P Windsor
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:49 PM

I have most of the episodes on audio Floydy, they are great to listen to when I'm faffing about with an online jigsaw.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 05:54 PM

I was surprised to hear he'd died - as I honestly thought he'd already left us.

I too thought he was a great actor, loved his accent and remember 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum' well.

Have fun up there Windsor.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 06:36 PM

He was lovely .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have most of the episodes on audio Floydy, they are great to listen to when I'm faffing about with an online jigsaw.
It would be good to see them again. Funny how the BBC made them available on video/DVD but they won't show them on TV. It's always Dad's Army or Porridge.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:04 PM

I suppose it's because now they're going to look very dated
Not exactly PC!
Probably why they don't show repeats of Love Thy Neighbour, Rising Damp and Til Death Us Do Part too

I did love Windsor Davies though (surprise surprise!!)
Shoulders back! Lovely boy lovely boy
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:22 PM

There was a film years ago called "Grand Slam".It was a comedy about a group of Welsh fans going to Paris to watch France v Wales rugby match.Windsor was the head of the group-he was so funny in it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Not exactly PC!
Probably why they don't show repeats of Love Thy Neighbour, Rising Damp and Til Death Us Do Part too

I bet they don't put on an episode of It Aint Half Hot Mum as a tribute to him. I thought all were very funny.

RIP Windsor Davies.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-01-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Not exactly PC!

That's exactly the reason, Rhian.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top