Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
EllaKeat
New Member!
United Kingdom
EllaKeat is female 

04-02-2021, 07:37 PM

Re: peaky blinders......

I love this programme, and I usually hate overt violence!
Really looking forward to the next series - I think this is the final series?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 07:55 PM

Oh I loved Peaky Blinders and delighted a new series is coming out. I preferred the first couple of series, but when they met the Glasgow gangs, well....it went down hill for me at that point. I did like the women though, very....umm...fierce? Didn't stand for any nonsense. And Cillian Murphy is quite delicious
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

04-02-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by EllaKeat ->
I love this programme, and I usually hate overt violence!
Really looking forward to the next series - I think this is the final series?
yeah series 6 out this year and thats it, but they will be making a film
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh I loved Peaky Blinders and delighted a new series is coming out. I preferred the first couple of series, but when they met the Glasgow gangs, well....it went down hill for me at that point. I did like the women though, very....umm...fierce? Didn't stand for any nonsense. And Cillian Murphy is quite delicious
I have seen quite a few of the women in other things since, too.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have seen quite a few of the women in other things since, too.
Have you? I haven't noticed any yet. Isn't that always the way though....see someone in one part and suddenly you end up seeing them everywhere. I'm always recognising people in other roles going "Ohh that's them from such and such, I never knew they were in this!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:15 PM

I liked the earlier series best, but it's a must-watch show and that's coming from someone whose tastes don't include this kind of genre. Every character in it is fleshed out and compelling, and the sets and costumes are very authentic-looking.

Ditto - it's fierce but so addictive! Can't wait for the next season to be aired.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 11:58 PM

Have you? I haven't noticed any yet. Isn't that always the way though....see someone in one part and suddenly you end up seeing them everywhere. I'm always recognising people in other roles going "Ohh that's them from such and such, I never knew they were in this!
Do you use imdb?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

06-02-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you use imdb?
Yes, but only after the fact. Then I lose track of what I'm currently watching because I get involved in the other things they were in and start making lists of things to watch!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2021, 11:25 AM

Yes, but only after the fact. Then I lose track of what I'm currently watching because I get involved in the other things they were in and start making lists of things to watch!
Yes me too..... often wander off after looking something up, then miss the end of the programme I'm watching.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top