Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:49 AM

Re: Couriers.

Originally Posted by carol ->
At the end of the day I've had no reply to the emails I sent Hermes and the sender... Not even an acknowledgement email!

I have contacted Paypal who will help me and I am also going to contact resolver.co.uk who are supposed to be good at sorting these type of problems out.

I expect it will get sorted in the end but I could do without the hassle.

In future I think I'll buy everything from Amazon who have their own vans and never miss a delivery.
Both excellent advice.

I have used Resolver for a few things and they have resolved(!) things quickly and efficiently, with one exception: IKEA, who seem to be a law unto themselves.

Amazon also is a company we use regularly and would recommend. If you pay for Prime (which I think is worth it if you also use a Fire Stick instead of the BBC Tax), next day delivery is usually the norm, at no extra charge of course. Another advantage I have found is that they usually provide a nice online map showing where their courier is as they get closer, so you can follow them on the map right up to your front door!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 07:55 PM

The parcel has arrived this afternoon. Delivered to my greenhouse just as I asked.

This just proves the driver didn't deliver when he should & his proof of delivery photograph (a picture of darkness with a few shapes) was fake.

I hope he got a telling off...
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:42 PM

Today I've returned some walking boots (too big). the courier is ToYou.co.uk using a drop off point at Asda.........which I did at about 10.30 am and I've just had an email from the retailer to say they've received it! Excellent service.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:20 PM

Hi

I am waiting a delivery from Hermes today.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:25 PM

That's the trouble with ordering stuff online, it's a day wasted waiting for the delivery. It's also wasted if you are waiting for, say, the doctor to ring you back.....When you get to my age every day gets more valuable than the last, especially when the sun's out....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am waiting a delivery from Hermes today.
Good luck!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 01:11 PM

iHi

Hermes have been, a lovely driver who carried the very heavy package round to the side door.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-01-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
iHi

Hermes have been, a lovely driver who carried the very heavy package round to the side door.
Yes. There are good and bad everywhere.

(Even in the EU!)
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 01:40 PM

Hermes, have served me well.......my son son always sends via Hermes ,can be done at our local newsagents,
Very quick, easy and convenient.
He has a small business venture, as far as I know, he has never had any complaints on delivery.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top