Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 08:42 PM

Goodness! How Strong Are Moles?

I noticed molehills in my garden lately but l didn’t envisage seeing one come through the frozen ground with inches of snow on top!

I have seen a mole and they are tiny but this one must be bionic!

Are you amazed at the strength of these small creatures?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Re: Goodness! How Strong Are Moles?

Never seen a Mole or a Mole hill tbh.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:35 PM

It appears to me the moles must be seasonal Arty. I can run out in the country across the fields and down lanes and never see a fresh molehill, then all of a sudden they are everywhere. In all my days as a country rambler I have only once seen a mole struggling to the surface, you are very lucky Arty....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It appears to me the moles must be seasonal Arty. I can run out in the country across the fields and down lanes and never see a fresh molehill, then all of a sudden they are everywhere. In all my days as a country rambler I have only once seen a mole struggling to the surface, you are very lucky Arty....
Foxy, The mole l saw was dead. It either came out of the hole itself or an animal had pulled it out.
It’s hands/paws were like shovels!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I noticed molehills in my garden lately but l didn’t envisage seeing one come through the frozen ground with inches of snow on top!

I have seen a mole and they are tiny but this one must be bionic!

Are you amazed at the strength of these small creatures?
Can tell you a story about a mole.
A friends cat once brought one into her kitchen & let it go, it tried to bury itself under her carpet at the lounge end. We had terrible trouble getting it out, luckily the carpet wasn't fixed & I managed to grab it by it's tail, the angry twittering was bad enough, but it tried to climb up its own body to get to me. I ran out of the back door as fast as I could & dropped it in my friends field, where it disappeared as fast as light. That was some strong mole. I was amazed at the power in such a small creature.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, The mole l saw was dead. It either came out of the hole itself or an animal had pulled it out.
It’s hands/paws were like shovels!!
Aww! I'm sorry to hear that it was deceased Arty. Such wonderful little creatures....
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Can tell you a story about a mole.
A friends cat once brought one into her kitchen & let it go, it tried to bury itself under her carpet at the lounge end. We had terrible trouble getting it out, luckily the carpet wasn't fixed & I managed to grab it by it's tail, the angry twittering was bad enough, but it tried to climb up its own body to get to me. I ran out of the back door as fast as I could & dropped it in my friends field, where it disappeared as fast as light. That was some strong mole. I was amazed at the power in such a small creature.
I had a similar experience Tiffany. The cat brought one in - unbeknownst to me. Came downstairs, dressed to go out, scuttering noise under the washing machine. Pulled it out and the mole was trying to excavate the boards. Picked it up to put it out and it turned round inside its skin! Dropped it and found the dustpan and brush instead to expel it!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
I had a similar experience Tiffany. The cat brought one in - unbeknownst to me. Came downstairs, dressed to go out, scuttering noise under the washing machine. Pulled it out and the mole was trying to excavate the boards. Picked it up to put it out and it turned round inside its skin! Dropped it and found the dustpan and brush instead to expel it!
They are very feisty creatures, aren't they, Sue.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top