Join for free
Page 359 of 370 « First < 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:12 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by mart ->
Just a caution that might apply..

I still go out in the Sun of course but not exposing very much bare skin. No shorts and T-shirts these days. Tracksuit bottoms and long sleeves now. Years of exposure to the Sun (sunbathing - cycling - walking) has caused a couple of patches of Bowen's Disease.

Too much Sun can affect a person in later years, so maybe its best to curb exposure to it on purpose, even though it's nice. I guess it depends on skin type but Mrs mart also had a patch of it on her leg.

We take our vitamin D is in tablet form these days.
In moderation, must definitely, Mart. I should have qualified that we try to get enough sun to synthesize D since we are vegetarians, but we are careful about using sunscreens otherwise.

All things in moderation, and get that yearly screening, regardless.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
day seven of yoga today. Feeling energised but worried about whether I'm also doing myself some permanent injuries turning my head towards the tv!
Haha, yes, I suppose watching television could cause all sorts of problems, not just with necks.

That's great about your first week! How are you muscles feeling?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 08:12 PM

Just a daily walk to be honest. takes 45 mins to an hour but I go with a friend and she has a sore knee so walks really slowly. I can’t really speed up and leave her. I am sure the fresh air does me some good though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Haha, yes, I suppose watching television could cause all sorts of problems, not just with necks.

That's great about your first week! How are you muscles feeling?
Different muscles tell me different things on different days Mom and I think I need a translator T
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

30-01-2021, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Different muscles tell me different things on different days Mom and I think I need a translator T
Hahaha, Annie! I can feel your pain!

I am off visiting my mom in snowy Kansas and decided to give five miler ago, but not before I hit a patch of ice and skidded, slid and, windmilled my way into a grassy patch that saved my tail.

I don't know how you do it, OGF!

Is time to go back to Florida yet?

5.10 miles and plenty of suffering .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 01:10 PM

Hahaha, Annie! I can feel your pain!

I am off visiting my mom in snowy Kansas and decided to give five miler ago, but not before I hit a patch of ice and skidded, slid and, windmilled my way into a grassy patch that saved my tail.

I don't know how you do it, OGF!

Is time to go back to Florida yet?

5.10 miles and plenty of suffering .
It's not very nice Surfermom. Out of all the surfaces I have run on, I think Ice and old frozen snow must be the worst.
Decent mileage by the way....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Felt pretty good this morning, just getting light and minus 2*C so I took a steady run out into the country. It was mostly frost that adorned the hedgerows, and the roads were only slippy where puddles had spread across and frozen. Fairly easy to avoid.

The fearsome river of last week had retreated well below it's banks, and snowdrops lined the verges past the old church. It was an easy decision to turn right at the fork in the road and make this morning's run an eight miler instead of the usual six I'd been doing since the new year. I think I may have set a precedent!...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

31-01-2021, 05:17 PM

A quite early morning run was likewise conducted on this side of the planet, OGF. It's hard for me to get much pace, though, wearing everything I brought with me to Kansas . Beneath grey skies and dodging muddy puddles, I lumbered my way through a pretty neighborhood of pastel cottages with picket fences before a sloping right opened into a landscape of red cedars and lofty bare-branched oaks and maples. I felt a little like a slow-moving train with my breath sending up breaths of frozen puffs, but my faithful watch read 6.2 miles at the finish.

Now excuse me while I go boil myself in a bath .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-01-2021, 09:45 PM

A quite early morning run was likewise conducted on this side of the planet, OGF. It's hard for me to get much pace, though, wearing everything I brought with me to Kansas . Beneath grey skies and dodging muddy puddles, I lumbered my way through a pretty neighborhood of pastel cottages with picket fences before a sloping right opened into a landscape of red cedars and lofty bare-branched oaks and maples. I felt a little like a slow-moving train with my breath sending up breaths of frozen puffs, but my faithful watch read 6.2 miles at the finish.

Now excuse me while I go boil myself in a bath .
Impressive outing Surfer, and pace doesn't really matter....At least, that's what you would be telling me if I was moaning about a slow time....
We'll make a good Yorkshire runner of you yet Surfermom.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

01-02-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Impressive outing Surfer, and pace doesn't really matter....At least, that's what you would be telling me if I was moaning about a slow time....
We'll make a good Yorkshire runner of you yet Surfermom.....
It sure feels good to have a long and steady routine back in place. I am reeeeaaaalllly trying not to pay too much attention to pace and distance for fear of that competitive taskmaster in my head giving me too much grief .

Ha, yes, you get me on that Yorkshire program and I'll get you hard enough for some beach running on those cruises I know you and Mrs. OGF are looking forward to!

Five and something in this cold Kansas climate. Brrrrr.

Page 359 of 370 « First < 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top