Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 08:29 AM

'morning monday-

-and with three days to go all the palaver of packing begins-lol. OH won't let me do the actual packing -I reckon she thinks I'd stuff it in willy-nilly
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 08:57 AM

Re: 'morning monday-

Morning Christian and All

Oh you are so lucky, Christian, to be going away - the cold weather is just about to begin! Read that Cumbria will be hit with cold weather and maybe snow, as if those living there haven't had enough to contend with.

It is freezing up here - snow on the Cairngorms as well I read!! Hope the snow stops there!

Hope everyone will have a lovely day, whatever you do.

I am rather shattered, Loki started fitting again at 1.20 am this morning and had another at 5.20 am. So there was no sleep for me during the night. She is sleeping just now - the rectal diazepam is working for her.

Take care
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Hope Loki recovers swiftly.

December tomorrow and don't it show? Black as night at 7am this morning and, although it's dry at the mo, it doesn't look great. As others have said - a much colder forecast for the next 24-36 hours before it warms again. Maybe a good frost will work well on the swine flu etc bugs?

I can't think of anything exciting happening here to tell you about - one of those quiet, uneventful and perfectly enjoyable days. I hope yours is too
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Thank you DM, I hope so as well.

It is dry up here but very cold - it was quite light up here by 7.00 am. Hope you enjoy your day.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 11:33 AM

Morning Christian, morning all

It is freezing here, you are so lucky to escape the weather for a while.

The shoot organiser visited us yesterday and told me he had heard we had a blizzard forecast for Wednesday does that mean snow (he asked that BTW) I do hope he is wrong or we will be stuck for a while.

I am so sorry Loki is fitting again, it must be so worrying for you

Hope you all have good day
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 01:27 PM

We are going to have snow this evening and tomorrow but I could never complain with all the good weather and sun we have had. Anyone want to move to Ohio??

Chr1ist1an, I agree with your OH, just let her pack Soak up some sun for us while you are gone. Can't wait for pics.

Loki honey, I hope you get feeling better real soon. You have a good Mum taking care of you.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 01:43 PM

Mornin all, .. .the sun's shining ground's a bit hard but at least it's dry, . . wahheey, no muddy shoes today.

Have a good one OFFers and watch the roads.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Mornin all, .. .the sun's shining ground's a bit hard but at least it's dry, . . wahheey, no muddy shoes today.

Have a good one OFFers and watch the roads.
Such good news Denis!! Really thought you might need that Ark you were kidding about.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 02:38 PM

It's turned out a nice day here too. It was windy when D and I were out but now it's wall to wall blue sky, bright sun and the wind is dropping. We're on course for that frost later ... tails off writing as she recalls she hasn't laid the fire yet - must do that in a moment. Darn it, thought I I'd done all my chores and could relax with the web for a while!
So, dog walk, washing, ironing and tidying all fixed. Still that fire and my exercises to do. Not a lot of cooking as we still have some of yesterday's roast left. I'll serve that with my version of boulanger potatoes - sliced onions in the bottom of a baking dish with just a couple of spoonsful of water, thickly sliced peeled potatoes on top, well lubricated with cooking oil. Crispy top, tasty bottom!
Well - lets go and read the news on the forums ...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Hi all. Woke up to grey rainy skies, so turned over and had an extra hours sleep. Washed my hair, hoovered, did a few other chores and popped on the computer, which is running a bit slow today...think it's everyone on line doing their shopping on Cyber Monday. I had 18 messages in my In box this morning, 15 of which were from places I shop offering discounts and free shipping.... I've finished my Christmas shopping so might look at some things for myself! That's all the dull news from here!

Oh, forgot the weather report: 10 (51 F) degrees and rain!

Sorry to hear about Loki. So worrying for you.

Have a good day, people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top