Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 03:47 AM

A very chilly Tuesday

Mornin all, . . I woke up freezing so went down to turn the heating higher, . . I went out the back to look at the thermometer and it's -8 there's not a breath of air so that's a true temp without the wind-chill factor.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 08:45 AM

Re: A very chilly Tuesday

Morning Nero -so you beat me to it! Yes its calm and peaceful here -haven't put my head out of the door to see if the car needs defrosting
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 09:54 AM

Brrrrr Winter draws on, eh?
But it's rather nice - I'm quite looking forward to wrapping up and getting out in it, if only for the lovely warm glow when you get back in for a cuppa

Pinch Punch First of the month! December? Ho hum - it'll soon be 2010 yet it seems like only last year people were getting their knickers in a twist about the millennium bug and computers failing and planes falling from the sky etc.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 11:30 AM

Morning, Dennis, Christian, Dinahsmum and Everyone

It is freezing here - the cars were all white this morning. That is usually a sign of a good day though but so far, no sun!! Ben Lomond and the mountains at the back of it are all snow capped (I can see them from my bedroom windows). Hope the snow stays there!

I managed to doze in here (living room) as Loki hasn't taken a fit since 1.20 am this morning. Fingers crossed they are finished. She had her wandering around the house for 3 hours and is now sleeping soundly. I hope that's them finished for another long time to come.

Many thanks to you all for all your wishes for her.

Take care and have a lovely day to you all.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Great news Rose, lets hope she gets over the spell quickly.

Every thing's white this morning, it's still -2, one bonus is the mud will be hard down the park.

Watch the roads OFFers.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 01:33 PM

Good Day everyone. We did not get the snow that was promised YET and I'm not crying about that one. Have to get my boots out and get ready

Rose, I hope it's a long time before Loki has another. Hugs and Kisses to that little doll.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Hi all.
Bright sunshine but a bit brisk today, 7 (46 F), as the wind is making it feel cooler. Definitely woolies, thermals, muffler and gloves on he market run this morning. We haven't had the first frost in the City yet, but looks as if it'll be here later in the week, so I've been carrying in the pot plants from the patio:have 8 amaryllises and two orchids in; will let the geraniums stay out a bit longer.

Good news, Rose, hope that's it for a loooong time. It sounds really really cold there, but at least it's not raining or snowing...stay warm, friends!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Firstly so pleased to see the news about Loki-hope she continues to be settled.

Very cold Tuesday here-white over with heavy frost this morning-had a lovely walk this morning then went over to my sisters for a cuppa and a natter then off to work. Came out of work and it was absolutely lashing it down rain and sleet mixed-roads home were flooded again. Now stopped but very windy. How long is it to Spring?????????????
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 11:43 PM

TOO long! .......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top