Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 11:24 AM

Thursday chat thread

Morning all. Wonder if our Chr1st1an is in the air on the way to the sun?

It's just lovely here - talk about sunshine after the rain! Blue sky, still air, bit squishy underfoot but really really nice. The low sun was shining through the trees in the woods, there were squads of chaffinches about and a lot of blackbirds too - the rain must have delivered lots of tasty things to the surface for them.

So - alls well with the world really; hope your day is good too
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Re: Thursday chat thread

Good Morning, Dinahsmum, lucky Christian! Also, lucky you to have sunshine! It is still awfy dreich up here on the west coast of Scotland!! I think Renfrewshire must be the wettest shire up here

I love chaffinches but don't see many around here. Blackbirds, crows, magpies and seagulls and starlings are flying around here.

Hope you and everyone will have a really lovely day.

Take care
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Morning all

Its been dry so far but rain is imminent. I have managed to take the dogs out before the rain, even Fiji has been out for 20 mins, she is missing her walks.

I am going shopping for the dreaded stressmas pressies in a minute, only a few but will enjoy picking out some things for the dogs.

Have a good day all
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Mornin all, . . what a day again, we had two days of nice crisp frost, . .now it's raining again, . . I just washed the cars yesterday too.

Nero was at the vets earlier, she started to remove the staples in his neck but I saw a bit of blood oozing out, I told her to stop and arranged another appointment for next week, I think she's just out of vet college, she looked kinda young.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 03:00 PM

You'll need to be sure nero's all healed up before risking the staples out. Was he a good boy at the vets?
We'll have to get used to girlie vets who look like they're just out of school. There's a huge gender divide in new entrants to the profession. My niece is in her last year at vet school (Yes - final year! Already! For those who've known me a long time and remember me saying how chuffed I was that she had been accepted - feels like yesterday). There are 4 girls to every boy on her course.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
You'll need to be sure nero's all healed up before risking the staples out. Was he a good boy at the vets?
We'll have to get used to girlie vets who look like they're just out of school. There's a huge gender divide in new entrants to the profession. My niece is in her last year at vet school (Yes - final year! Already! For those who've known me a long time and remember me saying how chuffed I was that she had been accepted - feels like yesterday). There are 4 girls to every boy on her course.
He's always good DM, . . he takes everything in his stride.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Hi all. Weather continues weird here; already 15 (60 F) before lunch and sunny but very breezy. Normal high is 10 at this time of year; and the first snow (aaugh!!) is being forecast for Saturday! No accumulation, they say... we shall see. No news here, no errands today and my bi-weekly grocery order is coming. Having a friend over for drinks this afternoon, I'm having problems with my new CD player and the AC adapter; hopefully he'll be able to get it working!

Glad your weather seems to be improving. DM, I do remember when your niece was accepted; can't believe how the time goes by. Glad Fiji got her walk, and that Nero's a good boy! Only birds around at the moment are hordes of English sparrows; our crows and blue jays were devastated by the West Nile virus and population is no where back to normal. The catbirds and doves have moved further South for now where it's warmer.

Have a nice day people.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 07:44 PM

I wondered where our sparrows had gone Dandysmom, I never see them here!
Tondi
USA
Tondi is female  Tondi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Nice day here after a stormy day yesterday with a tornado watch. I like the chipping sparrows that visit my feeders.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I wondered where our sparrows had gone Dandysmom, I never see them here!
Lol. I'd be glad to send some back, I have more than enough to spare! It's cute the way they all line up in the bushes and tree every afternoon waiting for me to fill the feeder. And funny to watch them: the feeder has 4 feeding slots, so there is a mad tussle for each spot! Such pushing, shoving and flapping. No queues for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top