Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Re: "Give it up for"............

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Most, if not all of those posted by others do annoy me and I'd add 'like', as in "We wos chattin' and she, like, said......and so I, like, said........"
Why the 'like' all the time now, especially with the younger generations?

I also dislike the over-use of 'Amazing' even when speaking of something fairly ordinary.
TV presenters in general seem to have that annoying trait off to a fine art!

One I've noticed lately however I've even found myself using it , (oh the shame! ), and it's 'pretty much' or 'pretty good' and I don't know where I got it from but I'll try my hardest now not to use it now that I've mentioned it!

That's pretty much all I can think of for now..... stevmk2

Agree with that Steve, I reckon X-factor has a lot to answer for there!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 09:26 PM

I thought of one when watching Strictly tonight (not really a phrase, just a word) and I'm surprised that Darcy says it and that is: I'm being really picky - aaaagh.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh help, not that word again! In April I went on a coach trip to Wales and our driver said it soooooooo many times even I was counting it. Made a fellow passenger laugh when I pointed it out, as it made her more aware of it. Got very irritating before the 5 days was out so I made a point of not going out in the coach every single day, but went out on my own. Couldn't listen to that all the time.
It is so unnecessary think I would have done the same as you!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Something else that gets on me wick, is when all sort of practically 'unknowns' are introduced as "The legendary .. . . . . . . " !
Yes, and in my book there are only a handful a REAL celebrities yet everyone who appears on TV or Radio is now introduced as a celebrity and 99% of them I've never even heard of
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Talking about books, how come nearly every author is now 'an international bestseller'
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 12:43 AM

What really, really makes me cringe is ...... "Nite Nite/Night Night" ....

PLEASE ! ....... just say "Goodnight"

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top