Join for free
Page 3 of 40 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Re: What I've been up to

We are positive Autumn as the other side of the coin is to be miserable. I agree that positive thinking is good for both physical and mental health. I rarely feel so desperate that I can't see the wood for the trees and as my hubs keeps saying while there is life there is hope and he is constantly looking for research being done on Motor Neurone Disease. It is very rare but it looks like there could be, not cures but certainly ways of extending life.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
You sound like a very positive person & that can do wonders for the state of your physical health. I hope your husband can keep a positive outlook as well. I wish I was more like that & sure admire people who are. All the best to you & your husband ����
She really is a smasher isn't she - shes an inspiration as well.
She will have her down moments, but if she can keep going with her resilience, she will only improve. Wellbeing is your state of mind which will help with physical problems. It can be a struggle to maintain though .....
Your Hubs Cate, is also a remarkable man x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 05:26 PM

Sorry Cate - we crossed over there .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope things get better soon!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 07:21 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, thank you particularly Patsy, I had to go back into hospital as my wound became infected and opened up again. I am home and the district nurses come in every day to dress the wound. I have never been a person who believes in bad luck but......................Keith and I are finding great strength in each other and that is a positive. We are alone up here and the few friends we have are all doing other stuff, one friend is in hospital with her own son having life saving procedures so we are doing it and doing all right if our luck will only improve.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Thanks for all the kind words, thank you particularly Patsy, I had to go back into hospital as my wound became infected and opened up again. I am home and the district nurses come in every day to dress the wound. I have never been a person who believes in bad luck but......................Keith and I are finding great strength in each other and that is a positive. We are alone up here and the few friends we have are all doing other stuff, one friend is in hospital with her own son having life saving procedures so we are doing it and doing all right if our luck will only improve.
I wish you both well! Sorry to hear you had to go back.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 10:09 AM

Hi Cate ... thinking of you both .... sorry you have a problem with your wound - you have to so careful about the way you move so as not to "pull" on it.

Hugs to you both
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the update, Cate. Sending you lots of positive vibes and glad that you are giving each other strength.

xx
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 10:16 AM

Sorry Cookiecate I have no useful news about hip replacements.

But sorry to hear of your fall and hope you get better quickly and that you have found some useful gadgets to help you.

Life is pants at times.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

05-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Hello there again, Myrtle reminded me that I had not been around much to tell everyone that things are definitely looking up. My wound is now healing well, and although nurses still come in every day they are hopeful that in just a few more days the wound will be healed.

Keith has been given a hospital bed and a machine which enables him to breathe at night. I am still trying to get my head around losing him but the horrors are worse at night and since taking a whole mess of pain killers now I am finding it hard to sleep at night without them.

Keith is wonderful and we have spent this bank holiday watching Sherlock we down loaded the whole series and we did enjoy it enormously. My friend is hoping to leave the hospital with her son this week and that will be great as having her around makes me feel less vulnerable.

Hope everyone had some good days and enjoyed the lovely spring weather.

Page 3 of 40 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top