Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 09:35 AM

Re: Can I just say

It's generally down to the clientele - I don't think those charming folk who sneer at 'Tea and biscuits' fora would fit in here. I don't think age has much to do with it - there are plenty of geriatric delinquents on a well known over-50s forum associated with Britain's best selling monthly magazine

The bonus here is that the Boss actually cares about what happens and, being an individual, can lay down his own guidelines and stick to them.

Long may it continue and long may we all remember our manners. If you disagree with an opinion there's nowt wrong with putting an alternative view - politely and respectfully. If the conversation goes downhill, then walking away from it isn't a bad plan of action. And if there's somebody who really gets up your nose - press the ignore button and you'll never have to read their nonsense again ...... Oh! Where did everybody go?
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 09:40 AM

The bonus here is that the Boss actually cares about what happens and, being an individual, can lay down his own guidelines and stick to them.
Does that mean I can't break them then?

Sheesh - this place isn't going to be any fun...

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:25 AM

I also agree that it is a lovely friendly place to be but I also have always found Dogsey to be friendly as well!

I always say - it's nice to be nice - and find that everyone here is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Well done to Azz for his hard work in putting the board on.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 11:34 AM

I say well done to Azz to

I have joined other sites and then only stayed a little while as I have felt totally out of place but must say I feel at home here........

It must be the the lovely welcome mat placed at the front door when I joined
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy finker ->
Don't think it's the older bit.... I'm on another 'older' site where you only dare venture on it armed to the teeth.... think it's more to do with the quality of the people on it...
I agree, plus this is still a relatively small and select band of people, being a lifelong cynic I expect that to change as we grow bigger but let us hope we stay civilised for as long as possible. BTW the LHM does a good job on here and Dogsey.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 05:31 PM

What's LHM?
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Im becoming addicted to this site. Much better than most sites,all arguing and backstabbing with each other. Who wants that at our tender age? Well mine at least)
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy finker ->

Oh Jeez, here we come the slapping points....

Still, I say rules are made to be broken..... bring 'em on!
I'll slap your legs, if you don't behave young man!
Sheeesh! I only brought him out for a short time.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 06:55 PM

I agree, I'm on a couple of other forums and theres quite a few undertones in some of the posts. Dont know why people just dont leave if they have a problem, why spoil it for everyone else. Everyone seems lovely on here
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2009, 07:38 PM

I hope we all continue to be allowed to enjoy this wonderful site, we don't need bickering and arguments. As it is now, we all appear to respect each other, have fun and a laugh, discuss some serious topics if we wish and are allowed to make suggestions as to what we would like to see on here.

Azz has put a lot of thought into it has given us this great forum and come up with something that little bit different. I say "well done, Azz" we'll try not to let you down!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top