Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
05aalloush
New Member!
Nottingham, UK
05aalloush is female 

03-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Calling all ignored women!

Hi ladies!

I’m a final year Fashion Promotion student at Nottingham Trent University, looking into the way Baby Boomers and older are revolutionising the concept of ageing, and how to engage the 50+ female who is typically overlooked by the fashion industry. I’ve created a short survey to gain some insights into your attitudes and what is expected from you as consumers and would love if any of you could complete it.

It will take no longer than 5 minutes and all responses will be greatly appreciated and will help with my project.

1. How old are you?
2. What does ageing mean to you?
3. When do you think old age begins?
4.Do you feel you have a lot to look forward to in the future?
5. are there any previous preconceptions/worries you had about ageing which you have personally disproved?
6. Do you own a smartphone?
7. Which social networks do you use? (if any)
8. Do you feel you are a spiritual person?
9. Do you take part in any active leisure pursuits? If so, what?
10. Would you prefer: a) something new and exciting, or b) something comfortable and familiar
11. Do you like to stretch yourself to try new things?
12. Do you think it's important to follow your dreams?
13. In a lifestyle magazine tailored to yourself, what would you enjoy seeing? (choose as many as you like)
- a) food and recipes
- b) travel guides
- c) art
- d) fashion
- e) photography
- f) "real" people
- g)simple design
- h) celebrities
- i) how to create an identity
- j) poetry/literature
- k) current film and music

14. Are there any other specific features you would like to see in a magazine?

Thank you!

Amal x
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Re: Calling all ignored women!

Hello Amal if you are doing this in your final year at university,id say you have wasted 3 yrs of education ,

We are not ignored women ,where ever did you get that idea from?
We live in a free country ,we had a woman Prime Minister ,did you know that?
I. Wish you well in exams ,study hard and there might be a job for you and it will have been all worthwhile ..
05aalloush
New Member!
Nottingham, UK
05aalloush is female 

03-03-2015, 07:56 PM

Hi Eliza

I realise my thread title may have been misleading and I did not explain my idea fully enough.

I am studying fashion and looking at research that shows older women feel ignored by advertisements in the fashion industry overall and by fashion brands, which typically put a heavy focus on youth and idolise young models.

My project aims to place a spotlight on women over 50 and show how ageing heightens individual traits and entities.

Sorry if you misunderstood where I was coming from - I am not looking at this from a feminist point of view and I feel my questioning remains valid.

Amal
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Never mind older women the fashion industry ignores all women. It produces clothes for coat hangers.

As for your questions I fail to see my owning (or not ) a smartphone has nothing to do with fashion..
05aalloush
New Member!
Nottingham, UK
05aalloush is female 

03-03-2015, 08:38 PM

Hello Cass

Some of the questions are more specific, however some are generally to gain a better understanding of the consumer group I am aiming to connect with and through which channels to connect through (for example, whether you have presence on a smartphone.. this will in turn influence whether a magazine has a digital presence as well as an offline one.)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 09:51 PM

Are there any other specific features you would like to see in a magazine?
Sorry Amal, I don't buy magazines I think they are a waste of money...
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:09 PM

Ah well.. As I have grown older I have learnt not to be taken in by fad fashion, fad diets, fad celebs.
I dont buy newspapers or magazines because frankly they do not represent me or my interests.

Ive learned to be myself and make my own choices I dont need a magazine to tell me how I should live and what I should wear, my mother gave up trying to do that when I was about 13.

Sorry if that sounds negative but thats the truth of it.
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:19 PM

I would have felt more like completing this survey if you had put it on Survey Monkey and given us the link. This seems a very long-winded way of doing it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Never mind older women the fashion industry ignores all women. It produces clothes for coat hangers.

As for your questions I fail to see my owning (or not ) a smartphone has nothing to do with fashion..
Doesn't it just! Fair enough, but try finding a size 16 in some stores.............It's pretty damn impossible
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 11:42 PM

1. How old are you?
Over 50

2. What does ageing mean to you?
Becoming wiser

3. When do you think old age begins?
Don't know, haven't reached there yet

4.Do you feel you have a lot to look forward to in the future?
I still feel positive

5. are there any previous preconceptions/worries you had about ageing which you have personally disproved?
None at all

6. Do you own a smartphone?
Yes

7. Which social networks do you use? (if any)
None

8. Do you feel you are a spiritual person?
No

9. Do you take part in any active leisure pursuits? If so, what?
Not really

10. Would you prefer: a) something new and exciting, or b) something comfortable and familiar
comfortable and familiar

11. Do you like to stretch yourself to try new things?
Not particularly

12. Do you think it's important to follow your dreams?
I usually do

13. In a lifestyle magazine tailored to yourself, what would you enjoy seeing? (choose as many as you like)
- a) food and recipes
- b) travel guides
- c) art
- d) fashion
- e) photography
- f) "real" people
- g)simple design
- h) celebrities
- i) how to create an identity
- j) poetry/literature
- k) current film and music

14. Are there any other specific features you would like to see in a magazine?
No

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top