Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Re: beware scam from China

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
If its a Visa Debit card you are still covered against fraud.

But as you received the goods even if they were rubbish don't think you have a claim.
She didn't receive the goods she ordered if she had then I doubt she would be complaining. I can't see why you believe differently
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Thanks all, for your advice. I have been emailing and sending online messages to both the firm and the finance firm who dealt with the money. Fristpay.

I've not heard from the firm, dynamitedesign, but I did get a funny email from fristpay in very odd English! Offered me 15% compensation. Cheek! I wrote back quite politely declined her kind offer but said I wanted a full refund and nothing less than this would be acceptable, and I offered to send back the goods. I was amazed to get a second reply telling me to keep the goods and offering advice.
Here's what they wrote, it's quite amusing...

Email 1.
Hello, sorry for the problem, there may be some problems with the supplier, we will deal with it and contact the supplier to check it,
sorry to bring you lost, we would like to provide you 15% refund as
compensation, hope you can consider it.
Emily

Email2.
Hello, if you want to return the goods, you need to pay the high
shipping fee by yourself, it will cost you more, it is not benefit for
you . you can go to the courier company to ask first,
then decide it. it is better for you to keep the goods, we also give
you the refund as compensation

Emily

I sold the fake black Converse trainers at a local Residents Association table top sale this morning for £3!!!
It will be interesting to see if any money arrives in my account. I'm not holding my breath.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 04:47 PM

Definite scam and sounds like the companies are in it together or even may be one company.

You had no way of knowing that before you paid. I agree with your earlier comment about pay pal too.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
She didn't receive the goods she ordered if she had then I doubt she would be complaining. I can't see why you believe differently
Because in her first post she stated that she received the goods... not to her liking but she received them.

Please do not reply to any of my posts I put up when quoting another person.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-04-2015, 05:52 PM

Complain to the mods if you believe I have said anything I shouldn't because this is a forum and we can all comment where we wish. I just wish you would drop the attitude and try to get on a little, it's tiresome to keep on like this.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 05:55 PM

Because in her first post she stated that she received the goods... not to her liking but she received them.
Sue, I'm sorry it's still not clear...in my first post I said...

"Recently bought a pair of Converse ladies trainers from a website called dynamicdesign.co.uk and all seemed well and above board...blah blah blah..." then later...

"Then from China I received a package containing a rubbish pair of plain black trainers!"

What I SHOULD'VE said was that I'd recently ORDERED a pair of very pretty multicoloured Converse ladies trainers...and then from China came a rubbish pair of fake Converse plain black trainers.

I'm sorry it was unclear.

This was the link I thought folks might find interesting....http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c701056.html

It would appear that fristpay is the fraudulent company trading under dozens of scam clothing and shoes websites
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-04-2015, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

"Recently bought a pair of Converse ladies trainers from a website called dynamicdesign.co.uk and all seemed well and above board...blah blah blah..." then later...

"Then from China I received a package containing a rubbish pair of plain black trainers!"

What I SHOULD'VE said was that I'd recently ORDERED a pair of very pretty multicoloured Converse ladies trainers...and then from China came a rubbish pair of fake Converse plain black trainers.

This was the link I thought folks might find interesting....http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c701056.html
Oddly I understood exactly what you meant
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

It would appear that fristpay is the fraudulent company trading under dozens of scam clothing and shoes websites
Your first post was very clear to me. Your 3rd post... all I did was to try to give advice on your legal rights on paying with a card.

As you did receive the goods even so they were sub standard makes it harder to claim against your credit or deposit card.

Buyer Beware was and old moto before the Internet
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 10:01 PM

ruthio sorry to hear what has happened, the trainers in question won't have been cheap.
I understood what you meant regarding the ones you received, there would be no mistaking a pair of genuine converse trainers and the fake ones weren't even the right colour.
I think many of us have had a bad experience or two with buying things on-line, I have had a few bad experiences and it usually amounts to something rubbish arriving from China which is nothing like the item you believed you were buying.
I now try to stick to well know and recognised companies on-line. If something seems like a really good bargain then it's often a scam.
Some people have bought items for thousands of pounds, jewellery is a favourite one and wedding dresses.
There are lists a mile long of fake companies, I suppose the internet is the ideal way for them to con people and the problem is that it all looks so genuine.

I hope you can get your money back but it may well be difficult.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

20-04-2015, 10:38 PM

Your first post was very clear to me. Your 3rd post... all I did was to try to give advice on your legal rights on paying with a card.

As you did receive the goods even so they were sub standard makes it harder to claim against your credit or deposit card.

Buyer Beware was and old moto before the Internet
How true that motto is!Thanks Sue, but I've already got rid of the goods, and in the email I posted above Emily tells me to keep the trainers!

Originally Posted by Anita ->
ruthio sorry to hear what has happened, the trainers in question won't have been cheap.
I understood what you meant regarding the ones you received, there would be no mistaking a pair of genuine converse trainers and the fake ones weren't even the right colour.
I think many of us have had a bad experience or two with buying things on-line, I have had a few bad experiences and it usually amounts to something rubbish arriving from China which is nothing like the item you believed you were buying.
I now try to stick to well know and recognised companies on-line. If something seems like a really good bargain then it's often a scam.
Some people have bought items for thousands of pounds, jewellery is a favourite one and wedding dresses.
There are lists a mile long of fake companies, I suppose the internet is the ideal way for them to con people and the problem is that it all looks so genuine.

I hope you can get your money back but it may well be difficult.
To my amazement I received a reply to my email in which I refused the offer of 15% compensation, I said nothing short of a full refund was acceptable.
This is what came back...
"Hello, you can keep the parcel, we'd like to give you 20% refund as compensation.

Emily"

Now what do I do??!!
Do I stick out for more, or accept their rotten offer of 20%.

My husband says ask for 50% as a part refund and gesture of goodwill.
My friend says take the 20% and run!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top