Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 07:52 AM

Auction Gibberish

What in God's name is the purpose of auction gibberish? It would be interesting to know if there is some historical significance, of course, but I'd really like to know why it is used today. Is it simply that they want to get all merchandise sold off as quickly as possible before the cops and rightful owners show up to claim it?

Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:01 AM

Re: Auction Gibberish

He was really fast and sounded ridiculous when he spoke normally, it's like a affliction with these auctioneers.. But they dont all speak like this though, as i took some things to one about 2 years ago and he never uttered a badabadabadabada
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:10 AM

Did you get a fair price?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:19 AM

I was scammed!! I'll never forget it, i'm sure the Auctioneer new one of the men who was sat in the room, as when he mentioned what was on offer he'd pause and look at him such to say get it, as he new it was worth something. I wished i had save my lots, i probably would have got more on Ebay.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:15 AM

have you seen them on american progs --its beyond belief the sound that come out lol...dont think the americans know what they say ... wonder they dont choke
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Hi

Certainly not the way they do Auctions here in the UK.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

24-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I was scammed!! I'll never forget it, i'm sure the Auctioneer new one of the men who was sat in the room, as when he mentioned what was on offer he'd pause and look at him such to say get it, as he new it was worth something. I wished i had save my lots, i probably would have got more on Ebay.
Really? I've heard they sometimes do that and I guess there's nothing you can do unless you've video taped it and turn it over to the police.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

24-02-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
... wonder they dont choke
Wish they would.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->

It may have been a bargain for someone but if no-one else bid then you got what it was worth on the day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 11:18 AM

I have attended scores of jewellery auctions all over the country and they never use the quick gibberish, all perfectly clear and easy going. Cattle auctioneers have there own unique style and it’s completely understood by their customers but twaddle to the rest of us, I think it’s just tradition with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top