Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:48 PM

Re: Rubbish Dumpers

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We had a skip a few weeks ago, it was £200.
Oh - I'm way off beam aren't I
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I thought skips were about £50? or was that too many years ago..
Skip prices rocketed when councils(again)decided to slaughter them on tipping charges, many went out of business.

A midi skip should do you, I would think.
£95ish(?)
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Abbey, imo, put rubber gloves on and go through the contents of those bags and hope to find that they slipped up and left something with their address on. Then report them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Abbey, imo, put rubber gloves on and go through the contents of those bags and hope to find that they slipped up and left something with their address on. Then report them.
That's no proof.
Only if it's found by a council official can it be used.

We had some bags thrown on a council site and found bank statements and a couple of utility bills, reported it but no go.

If we hadn't opened them and given them unopened to a council bod that would have been acceptable to proceed with an investigation.

Unless they're witnessed actuall dumping the bags then a prosecution isn't possible.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
As a matter of interest Longdogs, would it have been cheaper to have a skip? I've been wondering about having the bathroom done (or not) and if I do I would automatically get a skip for the rubble.

I'd no idea councils charged for builders rubble.
As suggested more like £200 for the size I needed. Plus it would be on the road so would need a licence. The work was done over several weeks so I don't think it would have worked.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 03:08 PM

My neighbours have the answer. They just leave it all in their garden along with old freezers and washing machines - forever.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 03:46 PM

We took down an Asbestos Shed last year , to make way for a seating area ,
This year I sent my council 3 Emails asking where I could take it .
On the 4th time I got a reply back giving a Phone number to ring at the council for further Info .

So yesterday I phoned and Its costing me £80 , I have to have a permit .
I had already spent £20 on Special Bags to put it in ,It has to be Double wrapped , We used up the Bags this AM, and now had to send off for another pack of Ten ..
So in all its costing £120 , Its like a secret operation , we wasnt told the site where we have to take it .

The address will come with the Permit , One week before the Date .
We had to give Car reg , and we are only given 5 minutes to unload and we will have no help from staff on site !!!

And its a One off disposal form my home address and it will not be allowed again from my house life time

Anyone would think we were disposing Nuclear waste .

So is it any wonder people dump rubbish ..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2016, 03:59 PM

They see asbestos and see ££££££'s.
It's only asbestos cement and can be tipped for free at most large sites.
Unless the rules have changed recently.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 04:03 PM

none of the Tips take it , I looked first.

forgot to say it cost £6 in mobile call !
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2016, 04:09 PM

It's usually the main tip/plant where they will take it.
I'd certainly contact the contractor/operator first not the council.
Here it's a company called Virador.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top