Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 02:07 PM

Re: Still learning

I don't think we ever know somebody well enough to know how they would react under all circumstances.
I think I assess people quite well but I would hate to know how they thought all of the time, because I am sure I would then view them as boring.
If you don't want to take your partner for granted, I think it is wise to let them maintain a little mystery.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think we ever know somebody well enough to know how they would react under all circumstances.
I think I assess people quite well but I would hate to know how they thought all of the time, because I am sure I would then view them as boring.
If you don't want to take your partner for granted, I think it is wise to let them maintain a little mystery.
I agree Twink do we ever really know anyone .
A number of friends and family members have behaved unpredictably and gone off with other people giving no hint of their intended behaviour .
Even those we think we know really well can do something out of character in a moment of madness
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 02:39 PM

My husband hasn't surprised me in all the years we have been married so isn't likely to now, I can predict how he will react to any given situation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Very true often I don't even know how I will react so predicting others ? No I like a little mystery and surprises.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yvette, you'd never read another book or watch another film if you already knew the ending......
I usually look at the last few pages of a book first ... or second actually.

First bit and then skip to the end.

This, not only shows me the ending but also, gives an indication of how the book flows .... or not.

May possibly not work with husbands
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 03:47 PM

After 34 yrs of marriage I was allowed the last word the other day,might have been under my breath though,so I'm still learning.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
After 34 yrs of marriage I was allowed the last word the other day,might have been under my breath though,so I'm still learning.
Lol ... maybe you're both learning ?

This sounds good.

Personally, having identified a control freak, unless I feel very strongly about the 'discussion', I am content to let them witter on, waste their energy or wind themselves up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I usually look at the last few pages of a book first ... or second actually.

First bit and then skip to the end.

This, not only shows me the ending but also, gives an indication of how the book flows .... or not.

May possibly not work with husbands
Rachel! Noooooooooooooooo
What if a trusted character turns out to be the bad guy, or guy'es?
By reading the last chapter you have taken away the suspense, and the surprise. It's like hearing the punchline of a joke first.

Example:- It's part of a chain.....

I used to work for a company that manufactured Anchor's....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Rachel! Noooooooooooooooo
What if a trusted character turns out to be the bad guy, or guy'es?
By reading the last chapter you have taken away the suspense, and the surprise. It's like hearing the punchline of a joke first.

Example:- It's part of a chain.....

I used to work for a company that manufactured Anchor's....
Hmmm ... I tend not to read fiction
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 10:41 AM

After 54 years of wedded bliss...my wife tells me...i'm still finding things I never knew about her. Like for instance, she doesn't take sugar in her tea.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top