Join for free
Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Embarrassed At The Rudeness Shown To Others?

Re forums .
Yes I do find some people rude .
Usually when they have no valid argument so they resort to Ad Hominem.
However it doesn't bother me after all its only a forum it's not real life .
However I do feel passionaly about some subjects and have no problem telling people if I feel they have been ill mannered .
It's not necessary at all as mature adults we should be able to conduct a discussion with civility.
However sad to say age has nothing to do with rudeness in life or on forums older people who should know better can be every bit as rude as anyone else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:10 PM

It doesn't bother me too much on the forum because I always meet rudeness with rudeness, WUM with WUM and kindness with kindness. If someone wants to take me on then so be it.

I have to say though that I have not seen too much rudeness on here lately since certain members have disappeared. There are some that pretend to be rude but they only do it for a reaction.

There are far worse forums out there (a few of us on here know that for a fact).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I haven't noticed any rudeness on OFF for a long time.
I must be on the wrong threads.
Where are the good ones?
That would be telling.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There are far worse forums out there (a few of us on here know that for a fact).
You must mean the one where they wouldn't believe I was a little old biddy who sped around the aisles at Tesco in my 4 inch heels.
They got quite rude after deciding I was a journalist but did increase my vocabulary of four letter words.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You must mean the one where they wouldn't believe I was a little old biddy who sped around the aisles at Tesco in my 4 inch heels.
They got quite rude after deciding I was a journalist but did increase my vocabulary of four letter words.
I don't know that one Mort. No, the one I'm talking about was more of a home improvement site. there's a group of us on here that refer to it as 'The dark side'.

Anyway, I have seen you in Tesco's but your heels were 6 inch.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:29 PM

Yes.. that was me. Six inches used to be a big help when chaps asked me to get them their magazine off the top shelf at the newsagents.

I know that one too.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:39 PM

When at dinner, or at the Golf Club, I get away with lots of things which some might find rude.

I get away with it because they can see my face, my smile, my knowing wink.

Sometimes that misfires and I apologise afterwards.

On the Forums, though, no-one can see the smile or wink. What may be just a joke can make the wrong kind of hit.

I bet that there are a few on here who can't sleep because they realise what they have said.

All the more worrying when you realise that most of what you put on any forum can be seen by anyone searching on the web.

So, if you say ...." xxx is a nutter and should be shot" you might want to do a web search on the name and see if you can find your entry - a little embarrassing?

It does get better, with time, as you realise what interpretation, of what others say, you should make.

Just shoot them afterwards!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-01-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
When at dinner, or at the Golf Club, I get away with lots of things which some might find rude.

I get away with it because they can see my fave, my smile, my knowing wink.

Sometimes that misfires and I apologise afterwards.

On the Forums, though, no-one can see the smile or wink. What may be just a joke can make the wrong kind of hit.

I bet that there are a few on here who can't sleep because they realise what they have said.

It does get better, with time, as you realise what interpretation, of what others say, you should make.

Just shoot them afterwards!

I agree. When we get to know people better, it's normally easy to work out if they are being rude, being cheeky or making a joke. Some people can get away with 'rudeness'more than others.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ha Ha Ha Now that's put a picture in my head alright. Will be watching for wee biddys, on spikes, in a rush, at every Tesco I visit from now on.
BTW, I wasn't referring to you in my post.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:31 PM

BTW, I wasn't referring to you in my post. [/QUOTE]

Nor was l referring to Morti!
My use of ‘pig ignorant’ in my opening post, was purely coincidental..

Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top