Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 01:30 PM

Re: Do You Share Your Food While Eating Out?

Originally Posted by Leia ->
There's nothing yuck about it. I don't believe in wasting food when someone else can eat it.
We don't waste food, we eat what is on our plate.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 01:52 PM

My husband and I will order a steak for example and he'll give me his mushrooms and he has my tomatoes otherwise they'd go to waste.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 02:32 PM

My husband and I will order a steak for example and he'll give me his mushrooms and he has my tomatoes otherwise they'd go to waste.
Why don't you ask not to be given the food you dislike, that is what we do?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Why don't you ask not to be given the food you dislike, that is what we do?
Why pay the same price for less food when we can share?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

12-03-2018, 02:39 PM

Why pay the same price for less food when we can share?
Well each to their own, but I wouldn't consider it polite to take food off another's person's plate in a restaurant, there is such a thing as table manners.
Leia
UK

12-03-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Well each to their own, but I wouldn't consider it polite to take food off another's person's plate in a restaurant, there is such a thing as table manners.
We are who we are
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 08:54 PM

My husband and I always share, we’ve got it down to a fine art, it’s mainly because portions are so huge in restaurants.
It does depend where you are though, we don’t do it in the more select places or out in company with people who aren’t old friends.
But in ordinary restaurants we’ll share a starter, then for example one of us will have salad, the other fries or jacket potatoes, then we’ll share so we each get a bit of both. Or one of us will have a big pizza, the other a light salad and share it out. Then we’ll split a pudding (a good technique is to hang on to your bread plate, then use it to put half the pudding on)
There’s a nice tea shop here we go to and again one of us orders a toasted sandwich, the other a scone, cream and jam and we have half a sandwich and half a scone each.

If it’s breakfast I give him my hash browns and he gives me his mushrooms and we only ever have one portion of take away fish and chips between us.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 08:57 PM

Like the bread plate technique Twizzle, must remember that one. Thanks for the tip.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 09:08 PM

Me and Mr Missy share food all the time, but we don't eat from each other's plates. We pass to each other's plates what we are sharing

Like Twizzle we share a meal as often I couldn't manage a full meal. I've even asked for an empty plate and no one has batted an eyelid

Even if we are grabbing a snack meal at McDs or the like, he will order the meal, I'll take a burger and share his fries and drink.

Can't see the point of ordering or paying for food that's not going to be eaten
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 09:13 PM

In the States , if you can"t finish your meal they are more than happy to provide you with with daggy bag.
Why that can"t be applied in the UK defies belief TBH.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top