Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:03 PM

Re: " Let Them Eat Cake"

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think many over 65's are better nourished than the young, we were brought up to cook not open a packet or order a takeaway.

For me the 'malnourished' are the wobbling masses of blubber I see with trolly loads of rubbish in the supermarkets.
I totally agree with you, Meg!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:27 PM

It's all to do with reading and learning about what's good for you. Too many people are simply ignorant of how to look after themselves and end up with no self-respect.
It's obvious that cake, chocolate and sugar are bad for you and if we are concerned about living to a ripe old age, relatively illness-free, our diet is the most important factor we should abide to.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's all to do with reading and learning about what's good for you. Too many people are simply ignorant of how to look after themselves and end up with no self-respect.
It's obvious that cake, chocolate and sugar are bad for you and if we are concerned about living to a ripe old age, relatively illness-free, our diet is the most important factor we should abide to.
What a boring, soul destroying existence. I'd rather eat drink and be happy even if that did mean a shortened life.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
What a boring, soul destroying existence. I'd rather eat drink and be happy even if that did mean a shortened life.
Everything in moderation though, Joe. You're asking for it if you don't partake in a little healthy food.
I may appear to be the embodiment of all things fitness to some, but I do divulge in pizza, chocolate and of course, beer at the weekends
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Everything in moderation though, Joe. You're asking for it if you don't partake in a little healthy food.
I may appear to be the embodiment of all things fitness to some, but I do divulge in pizza, chocolate and of course, beer at the weekends

Just wait till you get to Coral Bay and then tell me about 'moderation'.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just wait till you get to Coral Bay and then tell me about 'moderation'.
Haha. But that's holidays Joe. I've just returned from Tenerife and I just fall apart when I'm on my hols - beer noon (or earlier) till night, snacks all day long. Think is though, I was still back at the gym again the next day and back on my normal diet and I've lost all the excess weight I added when I was away
Trouble is, it's my birthday this weekend and it will all be going to pot again!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Another reason we become malnourished is that our bodies simply don't metabolize as well as we did when we were younger.

It's a side note, but this topic is among the reasons why the young need really need to be better taught to prepare for the eventuality of old age and fixed incomes in a world in which emergencies and inflation are givens.
And lack of physical work?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top