Join for free
Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 04:09 AM

Re: If you could ask god one question

How do you feel about all the religions trying to interpret who and what you are?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 04:12 AM

What do you prefer Tomato or brown sauce in a bacon sarnie ?
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 07:43 AM

How can you bear to see how the human race has developed?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
How can you bear to see how the human race has developed?
Good question, if I were God i.d probably regret creating man.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:28 AM

If it exists I would ask it if it has seen a psychiatrist. It is obviously in need of one if the deeds attributed to it have any veracity.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:34 AM

I would ask him his name...if it's Mohamed I might have to rethink a few things...

Knowing his name might confirm or deny a few theories though....weird I answered this thread as a non believer but I like to cover all the bases....just in case
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:06 AM

I have to many qs for him - one isnt enough -need one to one chat ! maybe one day ...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a point of view. I have many beliefs but they are not fixed in stone. I don't see how anyone could get to the bottom of such a conundrum given our limited intellect. But if you are looking at alpha and omega then you have no beginning and end. You are infinite. Doesn't that go through science, yet it was in an ancient text. Does that not tell us that we have taken thousands of years to work out something that was there all the time?
I think we have enough evidence to demonstrate the highly improbable existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenovelont entity,

Yet some see his existence with absolute certainty. Even police cars in some states are getting a bumper sticker "In god we trust".

How can the square that when they are called to the scene of a road accident where a toddler was mowed down by a drunken driver as a school massacre? Where was their god then? Why did he make it/allow it to happen?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:35 AM

Most people have a misconception of God. God is the life force, not a human on our level. It is an interpretation of the energy of creation, the power of the universe, the laws of nature
Totally agree.

The name/term "God" is superfluous and people only cling to it because other humans have given them this name and we've all been socially conditioned with it. It is in truth a huge distraction and one perpetrated and perpetuated by fraudulent religions whose aim is to control people.

There is "life energy" or "life force" in everything on this planet. Absolutely everything. Nothing can exist without it. It is an energy that makes us all one. We are all of us part of that "oneness", formed from that same universal source energy.

That energy is life, without it we are nothing.

What has misled everyone is the bit in Genesis that says we are made in God's image.
Indeed. Religion has totally LIED to people about Genesis and doubtless the real truth there has been mistranslated over many years to give us the bastardised versions of the Bible that most now use.

The TRUTH is that Genesis is talking about the way to get at this "life energy". Genesis in fact allegorically describes the processes for creating the "Philosopher's Stone", the substance that nature creates which is full of that life energy, soaked with it. If we have that "stone" then we have all the life energy we need to exist in perfect health indefinitely, i.e. immortality.

Genesis tells us about the processes used in making the Philosopher's Stone. It describes distillation, separation, condensation/sublimation and so on. Elsewhere in the Bible this great secret is referred to numerous times undeniably.

Unfortunately religion keeps this great secret from the masses. They give people guilt, and rules for behaviour and socially condition them to believe in some ethereal mega being who is all-loving and all-giving, Omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. They are lying and have been for centuries.

The truth that is recounted in the Bible is clearly that of the Philosopher's Stone. Those that have this thing are sitting pretty in their perfect health and longevity whilst the rest of humanity suffers. We are effectively enslaved, kept as a dumb workforce. They keep the Stone secret, for themselves and guard it jealously.

But we CAN all attain it. The secrets are out there in 1000s of old texts and scripts, tracts and treatises and in all the main religious works including the Bible, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, Taoism and so on.

People have a choice. They can go on falsely believing a silly fairy story in the comfort of their religions, knowing all the time deep down that it is inherently wrong due to all the unspeakable suffering of children, adults and animals in the world . . . or they can wake up, exercise their freedom to rationalise and start to research the Philosopher's Stone and see the myriad of references and instructions for it in the Bible, including statements from Jesus. It's all there.
Only piousness and stupidity would keep people believing the religious nonsense.

God IS there, in the form of the universal life energy. We must tap into it or die.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I think we have enough evidence to demonstrate the highly improbable existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenovelont entity,

Yet some see his existence with absolute certainty. Even police cars in some states are getting a bumper sticker "In god we trust".

How can the square that when they are called to the scene of a road accident where a toddler was mowed down by a drunken driver as a school massacre? Where was their god then? Why did he make it/allow it to happen?

I think perhaps some believers fear death and they need to believe that there is something at the end of life. It always amazes me why some non believers feel the need to ridicule a believer.
If it helps those people get through life and it brings them comfort then I see no problem with that.

Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top