Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Re: Buying a new bra

Hi AntiBrown! I must tell you, as you are a man, about the time I went again to Myer's to purchase some underpants for my dear husband, who hates shopping even more than I do! Anyway, I found the size, and make of those he wanted but there were only 3 colours on display, whereas all the myriad of other brands had a rainbow of colours from which to choose. I went to the counter where 2 female shop assistants were busy with their backs to me chatting away about their lunch breaks and what they were going to eat. One half turned, and said "I will be with you in a moment, sir"!! She turned back, did a double take and rushed over, saying "I am so sorry"! I put on my deepest voice and said "Well I just want directions to the men's bra section"! Her colleague fell about in fits of laughter, the one speaking to me could not do enough to help me find more colours of underpants from which to choose. She was still apologising when we reached the paypoint, and there were other customers there waiting to be served, so when she apologised again, I put on a deep voice, rubbed my chin and said "Well, that's alright, for a minute there, I thought I had forgotten to shave this morning"! I didn't get mad, I got even, with a snooty shop assistant!! If you want to join in a discussion on women's woes with bras and have your opinion, I guess there is nothing stopping you. I do not get a "kick" out of buying my husband's underwear and I certainly would not trust him to buy mine!! But, bless him, he likes to leave the shopping to me!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 12:31 PM

That was such a funny story, Lorraine!
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 01:41 PM

and all true! lol!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 05:27 PM

I missed this first time around! My Mom took me to the department store section where you got measured when I was of an age to need a bra; have been the same size all along. Since I've retired I no longer bother wearing one except when I'm going out, the baggy sweats I usually wear hide the sagging anyhow. Anyone remember the pictures in National Geographic and that sort of magazine of bare breasted older African ladies sagging .... well, ha ha, that's me now!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Can you have a ' For females only ' thread? Is that not against the equalities act?
AB grow a pair of your own and we will be happy for you to join us
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I missed this first time around! My Mom took me to the department store section where you got measured when I was of an age to need a bra; have been the same size all along. Since I've retired I no longer bother wearing one except when I'm going out, the baggy sweats I usually wear hide the sagging anyhow. Anyone remember the pictures in National Geographic and that sort of magazine of bare breasted older African ladies sagging .... well, ha ha, that's me now!
Eileen after the latest disastrous purchase I have joined you and abandoned wearing this particular instrument of torture except when going out somewhere .

I think we would make a charming pair in our grass skirts on the cover of the National Geographic
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2011, 05:55 PM

LOL, I'm afraid the newsstand sales of that issue would be way down!!
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2011, 07:04 PM

My Daughter gave me an Ahh Bra to try....I was very skeptical about it but Ohhh Boy it's the best thing I've ever worn. You do away with all the A.B.C. cup and size nonsense and order by your T.Shirt size. S.M.L. ect. I chucked all my Bras out and bought a load of different coloured Ahh Bras. The orignal is quite expensive but I got mine off EBay and they are just as good. Watch the You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61cW_890Kfk
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

22-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Hi Raven Thank you for the suggestion, the Ahh bra looks like a sports bra and I have tried a number of those without sucess .

I think my problem stems from the fact I have slight curvature of the spine so lean slightly to one side. This causes an area on my back to be irritated by the bra strap.

I would like to give the Ahh bra a try but it is quite expensive at almost £30 so if it proves to be no good I will have wasted a lot of money . I will have a look on Ebay

ETA just looked at the Ahhbra reviews on Amazon and here....
http://www.does-the-product-work.com/ahh-bra/
..not that good and it is made of nylon which I find uncomfortable to wear.

Think what I need is a cotton camisole with in built cups but that would be expensive too to it is back to being 'free and easy' with Eileen
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2011, 10:17 PM

I went and read the review Meg. I find it great, but we all have our own idea of comfort. It does take a wee bit of getting used to and I think most of those complainers were expecting some sort of massive change to their bodys when they put it on lol. I will certainly keep using them.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top