Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:00 PM

"A Dingo Took my Baby" 40 Years on

Forty years ago today 9 week old Azaria Chamberlain was taken by a dingo from her tent at Ayers Rock (Uluru).

Like most people my wife and I were convinced she was guilty based on the scientific evidence (eg blood spatter in the car which was later proved to be sound proofing material) and the parent's strange behavior at the time.

Forty years ago today, Azaria Chamberlain was taken by a dingo at Uluru in the Northern Territory.

What followed was an exhaustive criminal case that divided the nation, and a miscarriage of justice that has echoed through decades of Australian history.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...rs-on/12563336

A very sad case, do you remember it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:06 PM

Re: "A Dingo Took my Baby" 40 Years on

Yes, I remember that Bruce.

But if I may say, that picture can't be right, surely?

The baby in that picture cannot be 9 weeks old. 9 months perhaps, but not 9 weeks - and walking?

I don't understand.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:09 PM

Yes, I do remember & I always thought the mother was telling the truth, her baby was taken by a Dingo.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:12 PM

Azaria Chamberlain

Born: 11 June 1980, Mount Isa
Died: 17 August 1980, Uluru, Petermann
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:25 PM

Imagine how the mother must have felt, unbelievable cock-up by the forensics.

"The material that had been alleged to be Azaria's blood was many other substances," National Museum of Australia curator Sophie Jensen said.

"Bitumen material — sound deadener used in the manufacture of the car — milkshake, copper dust, but not blood."
How was this possible, you get the very worrying impression that parents were stitched up. Thank goodness the baby jacket was found to prove beyond any doubt that she had not been lying.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:45 PM

I remember Meryl Streep in the film - she was superb - but what a sad case it was. Those parents went to hell and back!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 07:07 AM

What a nightmare to suffer the loss of a child and then be wrongly accused ...a desperate situation. It reminds me in some ways of Maddie McCann.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 09:33 AM

A good reason for not having a death penalty!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:40 AM

It also reminds me of Sally Clark, who was jailed for killing her two babies. She was innocent too, but she died at age 42. convicted of the murder of two of her children. A book was written about the case and this from the Author.

"She suffered the most severe effects of being wrongly convicted of the murder of two of her children.We hold the people and organisations who accused and convicted her responsible for her untimely death. They convicted her on no evidence, but rather because they could not admit to their own ignorance of the cause of death of the two babies, and so blamed her instead."

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	sallyclark.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	13556  
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It also reminds me of Sally Clark, who was jailed for killing her two babies. She was innocent too, but she died at age 42.
She suffered the most severe effects of being wrongly convicted of the murder of two of her children. A book was written about the case and this from the Auther. "We hold the people and organisations who accused and convicted her responsible for her untimely death. They convicted her on no evidence, but rather because they could not admit to their own ignorance of the cause of death of the two babies, and so blamed her instead."
I don't remember that Roxy, I need to Google this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top