Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 09:16 AM

Re: Djokovic disqualified from US open

It definitely wasn’t deliberate, he turned and hit the ball at the same time before realising the lineswoman was there.

Of course he was wrong and deserved the punishment but he’s not guilty of intentional harm.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It definitely wasn’t deliberate, he turned and hit the ball at the same time before realising the lineswoman was there.

Of course he was wrong and deserved the punishment but he’s not guilty of intentional harm.
Deffo. I saw this on the news. I liked that he immediately went over to the line judge to see if she was OK. That action alone shows how unintentional it was.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 05:50 PM

If I'm honest, I didn't think it looked deliberate either but I think he has been judged on his past antics if you know what I mean. It's not the first time he has slammed the ball out in fact a SKY reporter once questioned him about his outbursts but Djok laughed it off. He also once got so angry that he ripped his own shirt up which was pretty funny to watch.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:27 PM

Just glad it was'nt a male line judge, who might have got hit in the nuts. "New Balls Please!"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Just glad it was'nt a male line judge, who might have got hit in the nuts. "New Balls Please!"

In a high voice of course.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:40 PM

Deliberate or not - he needs to control his temper tantrums.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Deliberate or not - he needs to control his temper tantrums.

He does, he is running out of shirts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top