Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:08 AM

Trump & Covid

Not sure whether to put this in Health or Politics or here?

According to the News just now, Trump and his wife have both tested positive for Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54381848
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:08 AM

Re: Trump & Covid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54381848

Donald Trump has said he and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for coronavirus and are now in quarantine.

The US President is aged 74 and therefore in a high-risk group. According to Mr Trump's most recent physical examination earlier this year, he weighed 244lb (110.7kg). This is considered to be obese for his height of 1.9m (6.3ft).

The announcement comes after one of his closest aides tested positive for coronavirus. Earlier on Thursday, Mr Trump said he and his wife, who is 50, were going into quarantine after a positive test on Hope Hicks, the 31-year-old adviser to the president

She travelled with him on Air Force One to the first presidential TV debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden in Ohio on Tuesday. Some of Mr Trump's family members who attended the debate were seen not wearing masks. Mr Trump has mostly spurned mask-wearing and has often been pictured not socially distanced with aides or others during official engagements.

Mr Trump's physician, Dr Sean Conley, released a statement, saying the president and the first lady were "both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence. Rest assured I expect the president to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments," the statement said.

America's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says a person must go in quarantine for 10 days after a positive test. It is not clear how Mr Trump's positive test will affect arrangements for the second presidential debate, which is scheduled for 15 October in Miami, Florida.
Anthony Zurcher - Comment:

A week after Donald Trump told Americans not to worry about Covid-19 because "it affects virtually nobody" except the elderly and those with heart conditions, the president himself has tested positive for the virus.

Just two days ago, during the first debate, Trump belittled Democratic opponent Joe Biden for frequently wearing masks and not having campaign rallies that matched his own in size.

Now, the White House and the campaign will have to answer why the president took such a seemingly cavalier attitude toward protecting himself - and how many others in the White House and the higher echelons of the US government may have been exposed.
Indeed .....
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Hope they all recover well.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:43 AM

Hi

He has been the one most scathing about it and refusing to wear a mask and social distance.

He will not be affected, all he needs to do is inject himself with disinfectant as he has been encouraging others to do.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:44 AM

Hmm. Not that I am cynical or anything - but - soon to follow:-

Trump hospitalised with breathing difficulties.

Trump in a critical condition.

Trump survives C19 scare, and wins election

I believe it is known as a 'sympathy vote'!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

"You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear they have Covid and I hope neither of them get really ill. Donald is at a disadvantage agewise.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

To be honest if I was voting for someone I would hardly change my vote and confidence in someone just because they had gotten ill. I do get where you are coming from though.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
"You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

Indeed, Mr Urquhart!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 09:56 AM

I wish them both well, a worrying time for them.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top