Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 08:43 AM

Re: All Those Christmas Films on TV!

Sorry, got carried away. I was quoting almost all the afternoon films. The Christmas ones are even worse. Totally agree with Mups about the females and kids' accents too. The women sound like Minnie Mouse and the kids' voices make me want to plug my ears.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Sorry, got carried away. I was quoting almost all the afternoon films. The Christmas ones are even worse. Totally agree with Mups about the females and kids' accents too. The women sound like Minnie Mouse and the kids' voices make me want to plug my ears.
And here's me thinking it was only me that thought that about the accents.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 10:20 PM

These modern films always have sickly looking kids in them, especially young lads with mops of blonde hair that could do with a damned good cut. I feel like I could give them a good slap, they're so annoying.

The Yanks are no good at making films based on Dickens's type novels either. When was the last time you saw a poverty-stricken child with perfect teeth and immaculate clothes? They've no idea.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 12:47 PM

I was amused the other day when I saw a listing of quite a few Christmas movies where the cover art for each one was featured in the synopsis. The male leads were virtually identikit clones of each other - white, mid to late 30's, toned physique, slightly unruly brown hair, a beard ranging from fairly thick stubble to a short, neatly trimmed length and "manly" sweater and jeans. Women must be very easily pleased!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I was amused the other day when I saw a listing of quite a few Christmas movies where the cover art for each one was featured in the synopsis. The male leads were virtually identikit clones of each other - white, mid to late 30's, toned physique, slightly unruly brown hair, a beard ranging from fairly thick stubble to a short, neatly trimmed length and "manly" sweater and jeans. Women must be very easily pleased!

So long as they are manual workers, gardeners, Christmas tree sellers, they are in with a chance. Bankers, CEOs and City boys are out, out, out!

There was a 'Chrithmuth' film on this afternoon..... it lasted ten minutes before I turned it off.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top