Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 06:02 PM

Car Breakdown Insurance.

Hi

Just done mine with Green Flag.

It went up from £81.47 to £104.16.

Rang them up and got it for £87.23

Well worth a ring.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 06:16 PM

Re: Car Breakdown Insurance.

Mine's with RAC.
Can't remember how much it is offhand, but I paid a bit extra to cover breakdown from home as well as out on the road.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mine's with RAC.
Can't remember how much it is offhand, but I paid a bit extra to cover breakdown from home as well as out on the road.
Hi

I have Homestart as well Mups.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 10:00 AM

What does breakdown insurance cover?

I have never heard of such a thing - I am a member of the NRMA which covers towing, car hire etc if you do breakdown but never heard of insurance for breakdowns. My car has just finished its five year guarantee period.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 10:52 AM

Miy break down cover is currently with my car insurance , I might not bother next year I drive so little and when I do it's within a few miles of home.

I don't have 'hope start' if I have a problem at home I ring my garage and they send someone out. This has happened twice in the last year and I am hoping the problem has been fixed. I am lucky in having a very good local garage which values its customers. They had to move premises a couple of years ago to farther away from town which made them even more eager to retain customers.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 11:03 AM

I'm with Green Flag too, it covers both myself and Rosemary in any vehicle we happen to be travelling in, regardless of ownership. We pay around ten quid a month.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 11:37 AM

I'm with Start Rescue, have been for a few years now having moved from Green flag. £40.49 per year. I have used them once and all went well and within the hour
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 04:48 PM

I'm with green flag too, covers everything from home start...I can't remember what I pay yearly , but if it goes up that much, I'll be phoning them too. I was with another company...24/7 I think it was called, the coil spring broke while I was driving, so I phoned them, I know you're not supposed to drive if you know it's broken...it could puncture the tyre...they refused to come out, saying it was neither a mechanical or electrical fault...they said it was an accident, I phoned the local garage who told me to phone green flag, who came out and towed my car to the garage...it cost me £25 and the guy from green flag told me to phone 24/7 and ask for the money back...which I did ,after 3 or 4 emails to their head office...eventually I got a cheque for £25, I've been with green flag ever since..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 04:51 PM

We're with Green Flag too. Have been for donkey's ages.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 04:56 PM

We've been with Green Flag for years and pay £53.53 a year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top