Join for free
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 04:24 AM

Christmas tradition scuttled.

There may be some of those among you who love sailing. I am one of those people although I haven't done it for years and I've never had my own yacht. Not even a Laser. But one of the highlights of Christmas for our family and friends is to get up early on Boxing Day, pack a picnic, drive down to the city, find a high spot overlooking the harbour and watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. One of the World's great blue water classics. And if we couldn't get down there for any reason the coverage on TV is always excellent. It's almost like you're a crew member on a maxi. But not this year. Because of..yes you guessed, it bloody COVID. The Tasmanians won't let crews in from Sydney of course. So a very first world problem to be sure but a big hole in the day nevertheless. It's amazing how attached you become to regular events and how much you miss them when they don't happen. What has been messed up for you in this way.

PS At least we still have the Boxing Day test with India. But that's in Melbourne..What good is that!!?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top