Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:19 AM

Re: The Dentist

I wouldn’t go Mups and in fact am contemplating not going to my next appointment in March with the hygienist .
The hygienist has moved to their private surgery which automatically cost more (£64 pounds ) So I am fed up with them anyway .
I haven’t seen a dentist in over a year now and just hope nothing goes wrong .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:55 AM

I have been to the dentist during lockdown. They have completely changed their procedures, even the little sink is not used any more and just about every surface is cleaned between patients (a lot are covered in disposable plastic as is the dentist and his assistant)

I wouldn't worry too much. You should be far more concerned about going shopping at a supermarket than visiting the dentist.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:29 AM

I ummed and ahhed about going to the dentist last week for my check up. I rang them to say this.
They reassured me that they took the greatest care to keep the patient safe. Because keeping my teeth healthy is important to me and they had cancelled my check up twice before, l decided to attend.
I had to fill in all the necessary paperwork online.

On arriving at the surgery, I had to wait outside until the receptionist allowed me in. She took my temperature and l was the only one in the waiting room.

In the dental room, l was asked to rinse my mouth with the most horriblest liquid before the dentist could start the examination. It was the worst stuff l had ever tasted and l had to keep it in my mouth for 30 seconds. I was nearly sick!

I needed a scale and polish and the dentist said, she could do it there and then manually. If not, l would have to come back on another day and have it done with the machine as they weren’t allowed to do that procedure on the same day.
I elected to go back on another day.

It cost me £23.80 NHS charge for the check up, scale and polish.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:42 AM

I have been to my dentist, Didnt feel threatened, Not until I saw the bill..
Dunno what nhs is like though
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:01 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
I have been to my dentist, Didnt feel threatened, Not until I saw the bill..
Dunno what nhs is like though
Ditto. We were private in Worcester so it cost an arm and a leg even with Denplan for a check up. I need 2 new crowns and an inlay, Worcester dentist quoted £1600+ (including Denplan discount ) We're trying to find an NHS dentist near where we're living now 'cos they're <½ the price from what I've seen on the NHS dental charges website.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:59 PM

I'm not going Mups, I don't feel like there is anything wrong at the moment and if I go he might want me to go back another day if he finds something, you can never be sure he won't, even though my teeth are working fine. I'll probably make an appointment when the better weather arrives and the Covid figures have dropped off.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:17 PM

I'm certainly going - it's almost twelve months since my last check-up. The dentist will be wearing PPE so I can't see any issues.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:20 PM

Thanks for your views Percy, Foxy and Judd.

Everyone seems to think so differently on this one, so it's been interesting to see how other's feel.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-01-2021, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I ummed and ahhed about going to the dentist last week for my check up. I rang them to say this.
They reassured me that they took the greatest care to keep the patient safe. Because keeping my teeth healthy is important to me and they had cancelled my check up twice before, l decided to attend.
I had to fill in all the necessary paperwork online.

On arriving at the surgery, I had to wait outside until the receptionist allowed me in. She took my temperature and l was the only one in the waiting room.

In the dental room, l was asked to rinse my mouth with the most horriblest liquid before the dentist could start the examination. It was the worst stuff l had ever tasted and l had to keep it in my mouth for 30 seconds. I was nearly sick!

I needed a scale and polish and the dentist said, she could do it there and then manually. If not, l would have to come back on another day and have it done with the machine as they weren’t allowed to do that procedure on the same day.
I elected to go back on another day.

It cost me £23.80 NHS charge for the check up, scale and polish.

I wonder why, Art? You'd think once they'd got you there they would do both jobs and be done with.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top