Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:59 PM

Re: Test and Trace boss Dido Harding defends paying consultants £1,000-a-day

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She is an idiot.

She is paying management consultants who have no experience of track and trace at all.
And yet it would seem to be working very well despite the usual public apathy.
Or do you not think that reaching 86.6% of those referred and then from those, reaching well over 92% of close contacts - from over 730,000 in one week mind - is good?

With statistics like those you've really got to be quite a denialist to suggest dissatisfaction, but if that's your thing ...........

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...6-january-2021
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She is an idiot.

She is paying management consultants who have no experience of track and trace at all.
AFAIK, nobody in Track & Trace management, from Dido down, has relevant experience - they're just "draftees":

Troubled test-and-trace system drafts in management consultants

Fri 18 Sep 2020 19.07 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nt-consultants

The government is preparing to shore up its coronavirus test-and-trace programme by drafting in teams of management consultants.

The system has struggled despite the prime minister pledging earlier this year to create a “world-beating” service. It has been condemned as “barely functional” as it struggles to handle demand of up to four times capacity.

The Guardian has learned that “hundreds” of staff from consulting firms including KPMG have been put on standby to work on “back office” parts of the system “on a short-term basis” over the next six months. Other firms thought to have been contacted for help include EY.

While the government and the consulting firms are said to still to be negotiating contracts, the consultants are understood to be required in areas including programme management, data, project support and supply chain, and could start work in the next 72 hours.

It is not clear how much the consulting services will cost the taxpayer.
Well, we have an idea of cost now but the truth is very far from clear - as is usual from "Incompetent" Harding .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
AFAIK, nobody in Track & Trace management, from Dido down, has relevant experience - they're just "draftees":

Troubled test-and-trace system drafts in management consultants

Fri 18 Sep 2020 19.07 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nt-consultants

Well, we have an idea of cost now but the truth is very far from clear - as is usual from "Incompetent" Harding .....
Since testing is now approaching 600,000 per day and given what I write above about contact tracing your "incompetent Harding" and her consultants seem to in reality be doing rather well, but I suppose moaners have to moan about something.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Sadly, I find your fond reminiscences singularly uninteresting, while, of course, they are nothing at all to do with the thread topic .....
Oh..that’s a pity as l also wanted to add that l am sure l had the virus after attending a St Valentine’s Soul & Motown weekend last year.
I had all the Covid symptoms but not a high temperature. Having a virus was unusual for me as my health is usually so good.

Omah, If the woman earns all that money, so be it. l am sure if you were offered that amount of money, you would have accepted it too!
Try not to be resentful of other people who get into to a high position and earn good money.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh..that’s a pity as l also wanted to add that l am sure l had the virus after attending a St Valentine’s Soul & Motown weekend last year.
I had all the Covid symptoms but not a high temperature. Having a virus was unusual for me as my health is usually so good.
Of course you did, dear .....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, If the woman earns all that money, so be it. l am sure if you were offered that amount of money, you would have accepted it too!
Nope, I've got principles .....

Try not to be resentful of other people who get into to a high position and earn good money.
Physician, heal thyself .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top