Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:42 AM

Re: PM facility.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
But with "Sub Groups" it would be difficult to know if a person was being communicated with or a "Conglomerate".
PMs are one to one, Spitty.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:45 AM

From little Acorns.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:03 AM

I think it is a person’s choice and they are entitled to their privacy.

Say, we sent someone an innocent private message and their partner saw the email that alerts you to say you have received a message. They might not be so understanding and wonder why someone of another sex was messaging their partner.

My messaging facility is not private but I respect anyone’s that is.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
What is it Tab?

Just had a look at yours Keezoy, and yours is turned off too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Spitty - It can be useful if you want to swap email addresses, postal addresses and/or telephone numbers - none of which you want to post in open forum.

Yes, I agree with that, Tabby.
I wouldn't want personal details like address and so on, on the open forum either.
I want to choose who I would trust enough with such information.

On the other hand, I believe over the years, the PM facility might have been used for the wrong reasons, like bullying.

If people would rather not hear from other members privately though, they've only got to turn it off, so I don't see it as a problem.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:12 AM

I never knew that you can turn it off....you shouldn’t have said that...😂🤣😅.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-01-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I never knew that you can turn it off....you shouldn’t have said that...😂🤣😅.....

It's all there in 'Control Panel' Pauline.
You can set it as you want, same as 'Ignore' settings for if someone gets on your wick too much.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's all there in 'Control Panel' Pauline.
You can set it as you want, same as 'Ignore' settings for if someone gets on your wick too much.

Only joking.....the ignore used to make me laugh...because it tells you, that so and so has posted, but you won’t see it, because you have them on ignore.....not those exact words, but along that line....so, what do you want to do on reading that....read their post..

So now...I have no one on ignore and pray for self control.

As soon as I feel my own ego / self importance coming on,I take a break...

I love this site and would hate to get banned,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Only joking.....the ignore used to make me laugh...because it tells you, that so and so has posted, but you won’t see it, because you have them on ignore.....not those exact words, but along that line....so, what do you want to do on reading that....read their post..

So now...I have no one on ignore and pray for self control.

As soon as I feel my own ego / self importance coming on,I take a break...
I only used the ‘Ignore’ option once but it messed up the viewing page so l took them off ‘Ignore’. I would never use it again. I just toughened up instead!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:58 AM

If the fancy took me, I would have no problem PM ing someone but, it would be at a shallow level until I had seen the colour of their eyes and verified their gender.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top