Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:00 AM

The Investigation ....on Fridays, BBC2 At 9pm

This is a Danish fact- based drama series.
It is about the investigation into the case of journalist Kim Wall who went missing in suspicious circumstances.
She went missing after boarding a submarine to interview the man who owned it.

This sub-titled six part series is shown in two episodes on each Friday at 9pm on BBC 2.
The whole series can be viewed on BBCiplayer.
I have watched four episodes so far, it is a bit slow but l love it, especially watching the submarine being lifted off the seabed.

Deep sea divers should be recognised for the dangerous tasks they have to carry out, they are very brave people.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:29 AM

Re: The Investigation ....on Fridays, BBC2 At 9pm

I've just watched all of it on i Player Art, and I can really recommend it. I liked the fact that it was slow, because the real case took so long to come to a finish.You will recognise some of the actors from previous Danish series, and the guy was the lead policeman was excellent. A very disturbing case, and as you say, fair play to the divers who did so well. Well worth watching.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:05 PM

John, l am pleased you liked it.
The main detective is a very good actor but never smiles!
I seem to recognise the big built detective with the moustache and beard ? Nicholas? but can’t remember which of the series he appeared in.

That’s what l like about all of these foreign detective series, they have actors that look like real, everyday people, not immaculate, pretty, actors/actresses..
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:20 AM

One thing Art I found disconcerting was, that one of the divers reminded me of Kevin from Coronation Street.When he was yakking in Danish, I was waiting for him to say,"I'm off down "t" Rovers for pint" I do believe this lock down is getting to me!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 09:44 AM

"The Investigation" is a 'different' scandi-noir production - it's not fiction and neither the victim nor the murderer are portrayed - the latter is not even named. It's more of a docu-drama with heart, exploring the strain put on those involved in a very long, very difficult and mostly unrewarding investigation.

Tobias Lindholm, the director, explains:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...obias-lindholm

Kim Wall's murder, onboard a submarine in Denmark in 2017, led to a media circus. The Danish press seized on it: there was an obsession with the darkness of what happened, with so many theories flying around. Much of the focus was on the perpetrator. The name Kim Wall was barely mentioned by the press, compared with the name of the culprit.

It was only later, when I met Jens Møller, chief of homicide with the Copenhagen police, that I got a different perspective. Jens told me about leading the investigation into how Kim had died, about his friendship with Kim’s parents, Ingrid and Joachim, and about the extraordinary efforts of the scientists, divers and police dogs in searching for her body.

I started to think there was a different kind of story here, not just another tale of a “fascinating” man who killed a woman. I didn’t want to do a cliched story about the struggle between good and evil, and all the iterations of that. I wanted to tell a story about Jens, Kim’s parents and the humanity of it all. A story where we didn’t even need to name the perpetrator. The story was simply not about him.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I seem to recognise the big built detective with the moustache and beard ? Nicholas? but can’t remember which of the series he appeared in.
Nikolaj Storm (Hans Henrik Clemensen) reminded me of Benny Andersson .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-01-2021, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Nikolaj Storm (Hans Henrik Clemensen) reminded me of Benny Andersson .....
Ha! You mean Benny out of ABBA. Yes he does a bit!

So Omah, have you watched ‘The Investigation’? I bet you had a little peep!
I think you would like how the investigation was carried out.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-01-2021, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ha! You mean Benny out of ABBA. Yes he does a bit!

So Omah, have you watched ‘The Investigation’? I bet you had a little peep!
I think you would like how the investigation was carried out.
Yes ..... I was impressed by the producer's efforts not to make a "drama" of an appalling crime which resulted in the death of a perfectly innocent young woman. Obviously he had to compress months of police work into hours but it still seemed that the case was taking forever to "crack", just as many cases do in real life, even though the circumstantial evidence pointed to murder, .

The divers (although not the "leader) in the series are the original divers and Joachim's dog is actually the real Joachim's dog, Iso.

But neither the victim nor the murderer are portrayed - the latter is not even named. Only Kim's photo is displayed at the end. A very different approach.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-01-2021, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Yes ..... I was impressed by the producer's efforts not to make a "drama" of an appalling crime which resulted in the death of a perfectly innocent young woman. Obviously he had to compress months of police work into hours but it still seemed that the case was taking forever to "crack", just as many cases do in real life, even though the circumstantial evidence pointed to murder, .

The divers (although not the "leader) in the series are the original divers and Joachim's dog is actually the real Joachim's dog, Iso.

But neither the victim nor the murderer are portrayed - the latter is not even named. Only Kim's photo is displayed at the end. A very different approach.
I knew you would have watched it. I know you so well!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top