Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:10 PM

Re: Why Do Some People Wear Hi-Vis Jackets All Year Round?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Maybe, some might be but there are others who wear them all year round. l have seen one with just a vest underneath.
Yes, I seen vests too. but often the work can be hot but the mandatory protective is still required.
Another issue is who issues the jackets? Not likely that the user purchases them themselves.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:11 PM

It’s a side effect art of the pf..vis.or vaccine
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:15 PM

I wear hi-vis stuff if I am out walking early mornings or after dark - it is only fair to the motorists to make myself visible.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:23 PM

Art is right, because I brought this up some years ago when I first noticed the trend.

And as for men wearing shorts in winter. Yup, see them around here. If popping outside the front door at night with Holly to let her do a wee, and I can't be bothered to get dressed again, I slip a coat on over my belted dressing gown, and I'm usually FREEZING!! Especially when she spends minutes sniffing round for the right spot. So how on earth these people can be comfortable walking the streets in shorts, just beats me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:34 PM

Thank You Morti and Jazzi for confirming l haven’t lost the plot....yet!

I remember a few years ago, posting on here about an elderly lady behind me in the queue at the checkout in Tescos. She was wearing a Hi-Vis jacket which seemed a bit odd at the time and she was holding a carrier bag.
As, l was taking my receipt from the cashier, l turned to smile at the elderly lady. Just then she her lost grip of one of the handles of the carrier bag, exposing loads and loads of money notes in the bag.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:39 PM

Maybe they're considered the height of fashion in certain circles.

And Poundland sell them for £1, you can't argue with that.

Eton boy endorses them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wear hi-vis stuff if I am out walking early mornings or after dark - it is only fair to the motorists to make myself visible.
Good point. I see a few here with their dogs in the evenings or early mornings. I have a couple of them in my shed but don't wear them at night - the risk factor.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Maybe they're considered the height of fashion in certain circles.

And Poundland sell them for £1, you can't argue with that.

Eton boy endorses them.
d00d, Only a £1? That’s cheap!
See ... even Boris wears one!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Any pics? ST.

I wonder if they do hi-viz stuff for cats?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It’s a side effect art of the pf..vis.or vaccine
Primus, That was absolutely hilarious.... Not!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top