Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:54 AM

Couriers.

Grrrrr - I have had an email from Hermes to say a parcel had been delivered at 7.00pm last night but it hasn't!

They left no calling card, no proper photograph - just one of a dark place which could be anywhere.
Also there was snow on the path but he left no footprints going to my (safe place) the greenhouse so I think that proves the case.

I fear the driver didn't have time to deliver so did this instead.

Why do they do this? Surely they realise the bother they cause people. Now they send a photo of the parcel in situ I suppose they think it covers them. My photo was a pitch black picture with a few shadows. I think he probably took it in the back of his van!!

I've emailed Herne's and the sender. All this hassle I can do without!

Anybody else had problems with couriers?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:03 AM

Re: Couriers.

I think in general they do a great job in all weathers with long hours and under great time pressures, so of course sometimes things will go wrong, although particularly with Hermes it seems!

I agree it's infuriating when this happens but credit where it's due as it actually amazes me how they ever find addresses in the dark at all, as even in the daylight so few houses have their house numbers displayed prominently, it must be a nightmare for them... .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:15 AM

Yes I agree Barry - it must be a nightmare for them - but it's their job.

They shouldn't inform the customer that they've left a parcel in the greenhouse when they haven't. Fresh snow on the path & no steps leading to the greenhouse. That's clear proof they didn't do it.

I would just rather be informed 'Unable to deliver'

Maybe Herme's are not good employers & they are afraid to report back with undelivered parcels..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:47 AM

It seems they might have delivered it to the wrong house. If so, a neighbour might bring it round.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:53 AM

What can I say. I have had roughly the same level of trouble with couriers as one could expect with any other service. Sometimes things go wrong but mostly they are OK.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:55 AM

If it was dark, would they have known where your greenhouse was, especially if they had to go down steps to it.?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

25-01-2021, 10:55 AM

It's possible Mart but I have no immediate neighbours with gardens. The neighbours down the side of me are just terraced houses with a yard where you have to go through a locked gate to get to the back of their houses.

Neighbours each side of me are 2 flats (owned by my son) nowhere to leave a parcel there - the photograph I was sent was of a pitch dark place with a few shadows.

Neighbours the other side is a disused bakery - no access there except through a locked gate.

Nah - I'm definitely convinced he didn't deliver it at all...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

25-01-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If it was dark, would they have known where your greenhouse was, especially if they had to go down steps to it.?

Yes. I have a notice on the door telling them where it is with a picture of the greenhouse. I added the picture after finding a delivery man lifting the lid of my Arbour seat. He was Eastern European & didn't understand what a greenhouse was.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:08 AM

we have deliveries almost on a weekly basis and have not had any problems. Hermes is our most used courier service got to know the driver since at the first lockdown we were getting deliveries every day of plants i had to do online. It is my understanding that drivers are not allowed to go into a garden or even passed a door, so often parcels are left at the side gate, all about insurance cover
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:13 AM

Forget the courier.

This is between you and whoever you bought it off.

They are responsible for the delivery.

Demand your money back.

You did not receive what you paid for.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top